Chapter 16

Alden helped her get in the car. As soon as she got inside and closed the door, Lianne felt the tension building in the air. She just watched cautiously as he put his seatbelt on. 

"Ready?" he flashed her a smile. 

She nodded. Her gaze automatically went up to his face and it focused on his cute dimples which she realized na namiss niya ng sobra. 

'Geez Alden, stop smiling!' her mind screamed.

It wasn't helping now that she had decided to stay away from him. She came to that decision after giving thought about her conversation with Sam in her condo a few days ago. 

Maraming beses na niyang sinubukang iwasan si Alden but it seems like situations or maybe fate always find a way upang paglapitin sila. 

Alden started the engine and the car roared to life. He stared at her with a roguish grin. 

"Lianne.." he trailed off. His voice was huskily sexy as he leaned closer. 

She can smell his woody fragrance, somehow deep and boozy with citrus top note and a lil bit of musk. Alden's scent was clouding up her mind. 

"Y-yes?" she scolded herself for stuttering. 

Her eyes widened as she watch him move closer. She felt a wave of panic but realization dawned on her. Nangyari na ito dati but now she's not gonna fall for it. Before he could come any closer, Lianne reached for the seatbelt on her right side then with one swift movement she buckled it up and heard a click. 

"That's right. Never forget your seatbelt" he leaned backwards and straightened in his seat. 

He started pulling out of the driveway. The air of tension was so thick that she looked anywhere but him. Lianne fought the urge to jump out of his car and runaway like a crazy person. 

"So how are you feeling? Dizzy?" Alden asked conversationally. 

'Im a bundle of nerves right now' Lianne said mentally. 

She stole a quick glance at him, "No, just tired. I really want to go home" 

"Where's Sam.. your boyfriend?" he queried, his eyes were focused on the road ahead of them. 

She looked outside the window watching the buildings and houses they pass by. "He's busy overseeing everything sa taping ng gameshow hanggang ngayon so he couldn't go" 

She saw him nod. "So why are you alone? You didn't bring Madi with you" 

"Madi and I.." Alden answered too quickly but then he stopped. "She's away. She's on a vacation" 

"Really? Dapat sumama ka, it's a good time to relax" 

Lumingon ito sa kanya at agad ding ibinalik ang tingin sa daan, "I have a tight schedule. It is packed for the next three weeks" 

"I see" 

The image of him saying sorry to Madi while he was delirious replayed inside her head. Lianne felt hesitant but she continued anyway. 

"Please don't think I'm prying into your private lives but I hope kung anuman ang misunderstanding nyo ni Madi sana naayos nyo na" 

Madi is a friend at parang pamilya na rin kaya kahit papano ay nag-aalala rin siya dito. 

Alden gripped the steering wheel with ferocity. "Did she talk to you? Nagkwento ba siya sa'yo?" 

"No, nabanggit lang niya na nagkaroon kayo ng petty misunderstanding, yun lang" she answered.