Chapter 14

Alden swallowed to clear the lump that formed inside his throat as he stared down at the two pair of eyes staring back at him. Never had he felt this mixture of confused emotions before.

Earlier, he decided to have his breakfast at the pool area. After just a few minutes of sitting there he saw Lianne sexily strutting her way to one of the sunbathing benches. She looked so fine in her swimsuit. Lianne was like a magnet that attracted and pulled him in. He was so tempted to join her there ngunit pinigilan niya ang sarili. He just sat there, silently or discreetly watching her like a stalker.

A strong jealousy hit him when his boyfriend arrived and greeted her with a kiss. She was grinning broadly as they were having a conversation. Alden felt envious, he wanted to be the reason behind her smiles or laughter and not Sam.

When Sam left for awhile, Lianne's eyes wandered around and their gazes met. He was contemplating if he should greet her pero ito na ang unang nagbaba ng tingin. It seems like she was avoiding him kaya nagkasya na lang siya sa panonood dito.

Sam returned and stole a kiss from her which made him clench his fist. They were holding hands when they dip into the water to play around and swim. Nakadama siya ng matinding pagseselos lalo pa at dito nakafocus ang atensyon ni Lianne. They seemed to be having a great time. He couldn't help but feel regret, it should be him and not Sam.

Lianne and Sam stopped at the corner of the pool, he craned his neck to see what they were doing. He felt the insides of his stomach twist painfully when he saw them intimately close, it was like they were about to kiss. He felt furious that he wanted to stop them so bad. His feet dragged him up and the next thing he knew he was standing before them.

"Alden?"

He blinked as his thoughts drove away upon hearing Lianne's voice. When he looked at her, he saw impatience in her expression. She was waiting for his answer and she's probably irritated dahil naistorbo niya ang private and sweet moment nila ng boyfriend nito.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Lianne's left brow arched critically.

'Come on Alden, think!' he said to himself.

He was dumbstricken. Hindi naman niya maaaring aminin na kaya siya naroon ay dahil nagseselos siya at gusto niyang pigilin ang paglalambingan ng dalawa. What had possessed him to be so stupid?

"I-I'm sorry if I might have disturbed you two" he stammered. His eyes strayed from Sam to Lianne, the woman who have been the center of his thoughts lately.

He was trying to come up with something to say as he stared and lost himself right into her rich, brown orbs.

"Honey-" he quickly shut his mouth after uttering the word.

"Huh?" Lianne's brows furrowed, her face was masked in an incredulous and bewildered expression.

'Damn!' he cursed mentally at his scattered brain.

"I-I mean.. What I mean is do you have extra honey? I want to make a honey-mustard dressing for my salad. Kasi it's part of my diet but I forgot to grab a bottle at the grocery" he blabbered.

Lianne and Sam just looked at him, she seemed unconvinced or maybe she wasn't just expecting his explanation.

'That's the best excuse you can come up with? You're ridiculously foolish Alden' he mentally scolded himself as he scratch his head. Ngunit nasabi na niya iyon and he couldn't take it back.

"I think meron pa half a bottle siguro. Do you need it now?"

"Yeah.. Uhm, I mean no. It's for my lunch naman so you can take your time"