Encounter

I finished my shift in the hospital and I am going to rest in my apartment. I drove to my apartment which is 3 km away from the hospital I am working.

"Damn, I really need to look for another place." I thought to myself.

A few hours have passed and I finally arrived at my apartment. I unlocked the door of my apartment and I went and clean myself. After that, I went inside my room, laid in my bed turned off the lights and became fast asleep.

The next morning, I was woken up by my phone's alarm and I searched for my phone and looked at the time and day and realized that I had accidentally set the alarm even on Sunday.

  "Shit! Why did I set my alarm even on a Sunday! It's my day off, I need to get some more rest" and I continued sleeping.  

I woke up feeling groggy and looked at the time, it's noon already? 

"I need to eat something!!"I muttered. And I immediately went and took a bath. I went and dried myself and got dressed and got my car keys. and went inside my car.

 "Hmm where should I eat? Oh well, I'll just drive and look for a restaurant." I thought to myself.

I drove and look for the restaurant and immediately parked at the very first restaurant I saw. I went inside and ordered their specialty and ate. 

After I finished eating, my phone rang, and I got my phone in my pocket and answered the call: 

"Hey, John!"I said. 

"Hi, Ken! How are you doing dude? Wanna hang out later? There's a party tonight and I want you to come."John said over the phone

"Ummm,  let me look if I'm available later. Hold on."
And I flipped my phone and looked at my schedule later and confirmed that I don't have any shift tonight until tomorrow morning. 

I got back to my friend and  replied: "hey, I'm free later so I can go tonight."

"Great. See you later at the party then!! The party's at the bar that we've always hung out."

"Okay I'll be there." And I hung up, put my phone back in my pocket, paid for my meal, and exited the restaurant and drove home."Might as well get some more rest since I'll be partying later." 

Few hours have passed and I drove to the bar. I went inside the bar and looked for John inside and I saw John waving at me. I went towards him and saw that he's with someone I don't recognize.

"Hey John, what's up?How's the party going?"   I greeted him.

 "Hey, the party is great!!! I would like to introduce you to my new friend, Alex." 

"Nice to meet you Alex!" and looked at him and gasped

Alex looks handsome in close up, it's the first time I truly found someone handsome and I admitted it to myself. His face is attractive and he looks really cool and his clothes are really stylish.  He is a few inches taller than me.

I went and talked to John.

" Hey, how did you two met each other?" I asked

John replied "guess what, we just met a while ago in this bar, he was drinking alone and I approached him and invited him to party with us. And he's cool with it and now we're friends hahaha." John laughed. 

" That's  great dude! Nice party you got here!"  I said to John

" Yeah, I was drinking alone and this guy approached me and said " hey why don't we party together"  and I was like " yeah, why not?  I'm cool with it."
" I'm Alex and I work as a medical doctor at Phoenix hospital."  

I was surprised.

"Really? What a coincidence!!! I worked there too as a surgeon!!" 

" That's awesome!! It's such a large hospital, we haven't met each other even though we worked at the same hospital hahaha." Alex said.

"It's nice meeting you dude!!"I said.

 We partied till morning and we were so wasted and I don't even remember how I got home. All I remember is meeting this Alex guy who is so much fun to be with. I truly enjoyed his company and I want to hang out with him again.