Close Friends

"Could you be..." Teresa struggled speaking.

"Are you in love with Alex?" She finally asked.

Teresa looked at me. Waiting for my answer.

"Yes, I am in love with Alex." I said as I looked into her eyes.

I admitted it, I know I cannot lie to Teresa. We've been close friends and she can read me easily. There is no escape. 

She gasped from my revelation.  And we did not speak. There was a moment of silence.

A few minutes of silence, she finally spoke.

"Ken..."She began.

"You know that Alex and I are in love with each other right?"She asked me.

"Yes."I briefly replied.

"Alex loves me and I love her too."She continued.

"And-...."

"I know." I interupted her.

"I have no plans of  telling my feelings,  I know that the two of you love each other very much. I just want to be with Alex as friends. Please at least allow me to be friends with him... HER." I said.

Teresa went quiet again. Then she sighed.

"Ok, Ken. I trust Alex and I trust you too." She said.

"This will be our secret."I said.

"Yeah."Teresa agreed.

Teresa stood up and went closer to hug me.

"I'm sorry." Teresa said.

"No, I am sorry."I replied.

"We are in love with the same person and I know that you are the one that she loves. That is why I am contented to stay with her as her friend. I will support the two of you because the two of you are my closest friends."I said.

"Thanks, Ken."She said and faced me.

I stood up. 

"I am gonna go." I said.

"Ok. I am gonna stay here for a little while."Teresa replied.

I exited the cafe' and went to my car. Tears started flowing from my eyes. 

It hurts so much. I love someone who will never love me. I hate this unreciprocated and unrequited love. 

I started driving towards the condominium. 

After a few minutes, I arrived, parked my car and went inside the condominium

After a few minutes, I arrived, parked my car and went inside the condominium. Alex was nowhere to be found. He is at work again.I went inside my room and drowned in my thoughts. I fell asleep immediately because of exhaustion. My mind and body are exhausted because of all the things that are happening to me.