I'm Sorry I Left You.

Riley West.
< Two Months Later >

"Riley, wake up!" Nate, my best friend, laughed as he jumped up and down on the bed.

"Noooooo," I whined as I laughed at him. "I swear, are you sure you aren't 5?"

He thought for a moment. "Nope."

I laughed and got up. I went into my closer as Nate walked out. I hummed as I looked through my clothing.

"Are you dressed?" I heard Nate call from downstairs.

I smiled at myself in the mirror and walked downstairs. He was vlogging so I snuck up behind him and scared him. He screamed like a girl and that made me laugh so hard, I nearly peed on myself.

"That was NOT funny!" Nate yelled as he pointed the camera at me.

"It so was!" I laughed when my phone rung.

It was my Mom. I haven't talked to her in awhile. I felt guilt wash over me as I answered the phone. I heard her crying.

"Mom? Mom, what's wrong?" I ask her.

"Oh, baby! You haven't been answering! Why did you change your number?" She said, trying to clear up her tears.

"I'm sorry, mom. I am." My eyes watered. "Baby, come home. Please?"

I looked at Nate and he nodded. I smiled over the phone, she couldn't see me. "I miss you, Mom"

< One Month Later >

Being home was weird. I missed Nate like hell, but I missed my family even more. No one pressured me about opening up about anything, they just let me be. Knowing me, I'll never open up. I bottle my feelings up 'til they kill me.

"I'm happy you're home, sissy," North told me as we cuddled in my bed.

My heart literally hurt. "I'm sorry I left you, Nori."

"It's okay. I know you were hurting." She hugs me tight. "I love you, sissy."

"I love you too, angel," I hugged her close to my body as my eyes watered.

*****************************