Shaley: Chapter 4

Shaley

Shaley was really annoyed. She was in the middle of a peaceful nap when suddenly this woman showed up. She understood that Leto hated her children Apollo and Artemis but kidnapping people was really not an answer.

She paced the cave. She had already tried to walk out of the cave. It did not work. Shaley was hungry and tired. It was around time for dinner and she refused to miss a meal.

Shaley paced faster. Now she was bored. She paced even faster.

Suddenly Annabeth screamed "Percy! Percy wake up!"

"Where are we?" Percy asked, opening his eyes.

"How are we supposed to know?" Shaley heard Leo yell.

"Where's Hazel?" Percy asked.

"Again, how are we supposed to know?" Leo asked. "She just took her away!"

"Who?" Percy asked.

"Me." A woman said stepping into the light. She had a long green dress that glittered in the firelight. And hair sort of like Artemis' and Apollo's, "Leto. The mother of Artemis and Apollo."

"Leto?" Percy asked "the goddess of archery?" Annabeth did a face-palm.

"No!" Leto roared. "Why would you think that!"

"But Artemis and Apollo are great at archery, I thought they got that from you." Percy squeaked. Shaley did a face-palm.

"I am the goddess of motherhood!" Leto yelled, throwing her hands in the air.

"Oh." Percy said quietly.

Shaley pulled her cellphone out of her pocket and started playing Minecraft. Leo instantly leaned over her shoulder to watch her, it was pretty boring in that cave.

"Now," Leto said, taking Shaley's cellphone out of her hands "that everyone is awake I'm going to explain where you're precious little friend is." She gestured to a small pool.

Shaley immediately walked over to it. She had seen one of these before- they were Iris Pools, they showed you what you wanted to see like Iris Messages did but you didn't have to pay a drachma to see anything with an Iris Pool. "Show me Hazel." She said firmly. The pool rippled and an image of Hazel appeared.

"Wow." Frank said.

"Frank?" Hazel asked looking around. Another thing about Iris Pools, if the person you're trying to contact doesn't have an Iris Pool they can only hear you.

"Hazel!" Piper exclaimed happily.

"Piper?" Hazel said confused.

"I'm right here Hazel." Piper said also confused.

Leto smiled "unfortunately Hazel doesn't have an Iris Pool where she is."

"Does that mean she won't be able to see us?" Jason asked.

"Exactly." Leto replied.

"Jason?" Hazel asked.

"Hi Hazel," Annabeth said, "where are you?"

"I have no idea." Hazel answered. "I'm in some sort of dungeon."

"We can see that." Percy said. "Who is that next to you?"

"I don't know." Hazel said. "I would ask them but I think they're dead."

"Why?" Leo asked.

"They're not breathing." Hazel said.

"And you think they're dead?" Shaley said sarcastically.

"Well I'm not sure." Hazel said, "they're mumbling something, but they're not breathing."