Chapter 1

I curled up into a ball as the stings of the wood spoon hit my open back. I could feel my stomach drop as I felt the warmth of the blood dripping for my back. I tired to be quite but failed as a scream escaped my mouth.

"I told you that if you didn't listen this would happen Chloe!"

My step mother screamed into my ear as I lay there unable to defend myself. She hit me a good five more times before calming herself and putting the blood covered spoon into the sink.

"Now that you've bled all over the floor you can clean it up before you father gets home." She said the an icy cold tone to her voice.

With pain shooting into my back , I got up slowly trying not to scream in agony. Moving to get the bucket and mop I could feel her eyes on me as if they were daggers. Filling the bucket with hot water, I began to clean my blood off the kitchen floor. After I was done I dumped the crimson water into the sink. I slowly made my way to the stairs. Before I made it to the stairs she was there in front of me.

"I will have your father all to myself before this is all over. " she evilly said while gripping tight on my hair.

I looked into her cold eyes and realized that she wasn't kidding.

I nodded in understandment as I made my way to my room. Slowly shutting the door I walked over to my mirror and gasped at the sight of my back. Dark blue and black bruises and dried scarlet blood had covered it.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I said to myself as I tear slipped from my eyes.

I made my way to the bathroom to clean my wounds. My father would be home in a hour so I knew that I had to do it before he got here. Taking a wash cloth, I rinsed it under the warm water. Looking in the mirror at my back I began to clean it. Grabbing the counter for support and clenching my teeth, I watched as the stained water ran down the drain. 

After cleaning my back up I but on a black shirt to make sure that if they opened you couldn't see the blood. I popped three Advil into my mouth and swallowed them with ease. Walking back towards my room, I heard the front door open. Looking down the stairs I could see my father.

His bright blue eyes always lightened the mood even if I was in pain. I made it down the stairs without screaming in agony and greeted my father.

"Hi dad." I said happily to finally see him.

"Hello my little angel" he said wrapping me up into a bear hug.

It took all my strength to not scream right then and there. I could feel the heat of my back begin to radiate out from the fabric of my shirt. I knew if we stood there to long he would wonder why my back was on fire.

I began to pull away from a long hug when my step mother walked into the entry way. She gave me this look that sent shivers down my spine and made my throat go dry instantly. I stepped away from my father as she came in between us to greet him as well.

"Hello dear." She said in an overly cheery voice.

"Hello love." My father said engulfing her in a long hug while kissing her forehead.

"How was your ladies day?" He asked with her still in his arms.

My step mother looked at me with a death glare telling me if I said a word to him that I would live to regret it.

"Fine." I said in a monotone voice

She looked at me in approval. She looked back at my father and led him into the kitchen where my beating at taking place just an hour ago. I followed behind not wanting to draw any attention to myself and away from Jenny. The beatings always got worse whenever my father paid more attention to rather than her.

We all sat down at the kitchen table. My father began to talk about his day working on animals that he loves. He works at a vet clinic as a head veterinarian. He was so proud of his job that he glowed as he talked about it.

After eating dinner and talking a little more I decided that I was going to try to get some sleep. I told my father goodnight and kissed his cheek before I headed up the spiral stair case. Before I could reach the first step my step mother was in front of me once again.

"Have a nice night dear" she said while patting my back knowing the pain it would cause me. I just looked at her as my eyes began to water with tears. She just smiled and walked over to where my father was sitting on the sofa in the living room.

Making me way upstairs I could hear my father and step mother laughing. I want to tell him what she does while he isn't around but I don't want to ruin his happiness. As I lay on my queen sized bed I begin to drift to sleep. Letting the darkness consume me.

----------------

Feel free to comment.
I will try to upload every Saturday if I can. I hope you all enjoy this