Chapter 26

I began to struggle as she continued to hit me. The stinging turned into burning. I could feel some of them opening and leaking the liquid red under my skin. I wanted everything to be over. That's when she finally just stopped. Turning over, I saw he straighten her shirt and just leave. I grabbed a pillow and cried. The pain in my legs was terrible. I could feel each and every welt as it began to rise on my skin. The burning pain and the blood that was coming out of them made me feel disgusting. Moving just a little made me moan in pain. Grabbing my pillow again I screamed into it. The tears were just rolling down my face now. I knew that I had to stand and get different close on but moving was impossible. Each movement felt like I was stepping on hot coals in a fireplace. Finally managing to stand, I hobbled my way over to my closet. By this time my legs were screaming out at me and my arms were just hanging there. Trying to grab a different shirt and pants felt like I was trying to lift a hundred pounds.

After finally getting dressed, I managed to get back to my bed and lay down. The welt were everywhere and it was difficult to find a comfortable position to lay in. I tried to lay on my side with my arm under my pillow but that just sent a burning throughout my shoulder. Finally deciding to lay down on my stomach was the best decision that I had. Closing my eyes, I drifted into the sleep that I want to just get lost in.

The wounds on my legs were beginning to sting as I rolled over to turn my alarm off. Getting out of bed was taking forever. Walking last night was hard, I couldn't imagine how hard it was going to be during school. Finally making it to my closet, I decided to wear jeans so maybe the swelling wouldn't get to out of hand. Putting them on I wanted to scream. The pain from the fabric against each and every wound was torture. I tried to slowly put them on but that only seemed to make it worse. Putting them on faster was like ripping duct tape off my skin. I felt like I was going to pass out. After finally getting them on, I sighed in pain. My arms weren't that bad but they still stung just a tiny little. Putting on my shirt, I tried walking but just about screamed as I took every step. Why can't my life be n

Normal like everyone else's

Taking a deep breath, I straightened my back and walked out of my bedroom trying to brave the pain. As I began the descent down the stairs, I saw Jenny down at the bottom watching me. Seeing her stare at me I tried to make myself appear a little more put together than I really was. She just smirked knowing that I was in pain and that she had caused it. When I finally reached the bottom of the steps, Liam was looking at me with a dazed expression on his face. Seeing that my dad wasn't here, I walked over to Liam.

"Hey are you ok?" I asked waving my hand in front of his face trying to get him to snap out of it.

"He won't be responding for a little while." Jenny said coming up behind me with that smirk.

"What did you do you to your own son?" I ask taking a few steps back away from her.

"I just gave something the completely relax his nerves is all." She said as if it was no big deal.

"You are absolutely crazy. Did you know that." I said trying to hurry to the door before she came near me.

"Oh believe me I know just how crazy I am." She said taking a few steps closer to me.

Wanting to get out of there as fast as I could, I turned around ignoring the pain and high tailed it out of the house and right to my truck. Getting into the truck, I slammed the door and started it as quickly as I could. Pulling out of the driveway, I could see her standing in the window just holding her coffee and smiling. Speeding the whole way to school, I got there in record timing. My whole body seemed like it was on fire, burning uncontrollably. Inhaling a few deep breaths I tried to calm myself, when a knock on my window had my heart racing and my breathing short again. Looking out the window, I saw Lily waiting for me to roll it down. Before I rolled my window down, I had to think a little. I didn't know if I was able to even talk to her without her telling Jenny even if she was telling Jenny.