Chapter 6

I woke up still a little hazy from the after effects of the drug. I began to sit up slowly because I didn't want to feel much pain from my stomach. I was able to sit up finally after what felt like forever. I could hear people already up and moving around the hospital. I knew that the doctor would be coming in to check on how I how was doing, so I just sat there waiting for him to come in.

"Good morning Chloe." he walked in after knocking on the door.

"Good morning." I replied sleepily.

"Well I'll be releasing you today. We are going to run a few more tests to make sure that everything is back to normal." he told me with a smile on his face.

I just nodded my head knowing that nothing was going to be normal once I was home. Jenny would probably have a special gift for me sooner or later. I shivered at the thought of her. I hated the fact that my father was married to her and loved her so much. I could feel my stomach dropped at the thought of not being able to ever see my dad if she did something dramatic to me.

I heard a small knock on my door and saw my father standing there looking at me with concern. I just smiled weakly at him even though smiling was the last thing that I wanted to do. I knew he was going to ask me questions and I had no idea on how I was going to tell him. If I told him it would devastate him and that was the last thing I wanted to do. Maybe I should just lie to him.

"How are you feeling?" his voice cracked as he asked me.

"Dad I'm fine." I stated trying to make him believe my lie.

By the smile on his face he must of believed it. He came over to me and wrapped me up in a giant up. I didn't want him to let go but I had to pull away because he was crushing my bruised rib cage. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before pulling away. He had that same smile on his face that he had when he looked at my mother and that made me smile even wider. When the doctor came back in with my discharge papers he was very quiet. He knew something but wasn't say a word. I didn't bother asking cause I honestly didn't want to know.

Once we were done with all the paperwork, my dad walked me to the car and opened the passenger door for me. I smile in appreciation and got into the car slowly trying to not cause myself any more pain than I'm already in. Once my dad got into the car it was a silent trip the whole way home. I didn't really know what to say to him. I knew that he had a lot of questions as to what the doctors said but I couldn't find it in myself to tell him.

When we arrived at the house I noticed that Jenny's car wasn't in the driveway. This had me slightly confused but happy at the same time. Once we came to a stop, my dad shut the car off and just looked at me.

"How are you really feeling Chloe?" I could hear the concern in his voice and this made me want to crawl into a hole and never come out cause I knew I couldn't tell him what was really going on when he wasn't here.

I slowly took in a breath and looked at him right in his sky blue eyes.

"Dad I'm fine. I promise. I'm just a little tired is all." I told him with my most convincing voice that I could. I tried to act as normal as I could.

He just looked at me trying to tell if I was lying or not but soon gave up with his attempt. I exhaled not even realizing that I was holding my breath.

"I just want you to know that you can tell me anything, no matter what it is." he told me sounding a little hurt and disappointed.

I just nodded and got out of his car. I started towards the front door when I felt a hand on my lower back causing me to jump a little. When I looked behind me I saw it was just my dad helping me into the house. I smiled at him and let him help me to the door. As he opened it I could smell her perfume. This had me even more confused that I already was. Walking through the door she greeted us instantly.