Chapter 15

Pulling into the driveway, I stayed in my truck for a few moments and watched through the window at my father laughing and giggling with Jenny and Liam. Seeing that made my stomach roll. Watching her laugh and have a good time with him made me want to scream. She was ruining my life and she knew it. She wanted me to feel this way, helpless with no one by my side. Getting out I made my way to the front door, I could hear them all just talking and having a great time. Opening the door, they all stopped laughing and looked at me like I was an intruder.

"Oh Lee hi I thought you were out with Luke." Jenny said with a satanic grin plastered on her face.

"Nope we are no longer talking." I told her in the coldest tone that I could find.

"Oh Chloe I'm so sorry sweetie." My dad said coming over to me to wrap me in his arms.

"What happened?" Jenny asked trying to keep her composure cool and collected.

"He lied to me about some stuff and then told me what was really going on so I decided to cut things off with him." I said looking into her devilish eyes.

"Well I'm glad you found out sooner than later that he was a total jerk." Liam said coming over to me as well and hugging me. The pain in my stomach began and I had to push him away slightly.

"But it's been a really long day so I'm just going to head to bed. I'll see you all in the morning." I said staring right at Jenny.

Walking towards the stairs, I could hear someone coming behind me. Turning around I was thankful to see that it was just Liam. We walked silently up the stairs but as soon as we made it to my room he turned to me and without saying a word I knew what he wanted.

"Well your lovely mother hired Luke to keep tabs on me and that's why her punishments have been more severe these past couple of months." I told him

"Are you serious? Like your ex boyfriend Luke, the one you were just talking about the other night?" he asked wide eyed.

"That's the one." I said plopping on my bed and leaning back against the headboard.

He just sat there trying to get all that I had said through his mind. I knew that it was hard to process but sooner or later he would really know how twisted his mother really was. I only knew part of it but I have a feeling that there is more to it and I'm just blind to it.

Liam had been sitting in my room for some time still not saying a word. Nervously fiddling with my hands, I waited for him to say something. More time passed and he still didn't have anything to say. After about thirty minutes he got up and came over to me, sitting next to me on my bed.

"I didn't think she would have gone this far to actually hire someone to keep tabs on you." he said still trying to figure it all out.

"Well you aren't here anymore so she had to do something to make sure I wasn't telling anyone of real importance about her wonderful parenting." I said dryly.

"Yeah that's true. So did he just come out and say it or what?" he asked looking at me with listening eyes.

"Well the day that she cut my stomach and everything, you know how I went out with Lily and Luke." I said and he nodded. "Well Lily knew that something was wrong and I refused to tell her but Luke acted like he knew something and wasn't spilling the beans. He just left. He didn't say two words. He went to his truck and sped off." I said taking in a deep breath to keep myself from crying anymore that I already had.

"Then what happened?" Liam asked now scooting closer to me.

"Well I didn't talk to him until today when he virtually begged me. We went to his house and he told me everything. From how he purposely sat in my seat the first day he was there to him telling me all about her wanting to keep tabs on me. I thought I knew the guy, I really did but I guess that's my bad for trusting people too soon." I said getting up and walking around my room.