Chapter 27

I rolled my sleeves up to show them the bruised welts that were my lucky treat last night. Their faces were in pure disgust at the sight of my arms. Little did they know my legs were just as bad or maybe even worse than my arms.

    “What did she do to you?” Luke asked while turning my arm over in his hand.

“She was drunk last night and all I was trying to be nice and went and got her another bottle of wine. That was the wrong choice.” Rolling my sleeves down, I waited for them to say something.

Lily just stared at me opening and closing her mouth before she finally said, “Lee I know that I have said this a million times but you really need to do something about this.”

“I know but I can't.” I said looking down.

All she did was look at me with wide eyes. Luke was still in shock while he tried to process what I had just showed him moments ago. We all stood there in silence, not know what to say. I could feel the tension growing between all of us and it made my anxiety spike through the roof. My breathing was becoming erratic once again and my heart was thinking in my chest.

I was beginning to become light headed and everything was getting really blurry. I could feel my whole body sway as the everything was getting dark. I could feel myself falling and falling fast.

“Chloe!” Was all I heard before everything went black.

~

I could hear beeps and sounds all around me as I woke up from an unexpected fall. Twittering my eyes open I could see white walls with tubes and machines all around me. Sitting up slightly, I could see Luke sitting in the hospital chair next to my bed. I was still a little dazed and didn't understand what was going on.

“Luke?” I said quietly trying to wake him up.

Luke slightly stirred and began to open his eyes. When he finally realized that I was awake he shot right up and was by my side in seconds. I grunted in pain as his warm body was touching the welts covering my arms and legs.

“Lee I'm so sorry,” he began as he stood up still close to me, “ how are you feeling?” He asked looking at me with concern and care written all over his face.

“I feel fine. What's going on?” I asked still confused as to why I was in the hospital.

“Lee you fainted and we couldn't wake you up.” Quietly he said as I could see the years begin to form in his eyes.

I tried to remember what happened but it was all fuzzy and confusing. Everything felt so unreal. Thinking about what happened I looked down to my exposed arms. Beginning to panic, I began pulling the covers around my arms. Luke noticed my panic and was trying to calm me down. I knew that the doctors and nurses had to have seen them. I was trying to think of something that I could tell them but my mind was finding and I couldn't think of a thing.

“Lee you need to calm down.” He told me as I saw my heart monitor was spiking.

“Luke I can't tell them about my injuries and who did it. I just can't.” I said as the familiar lump was forming in my throat making it hard to swallow.

“Chloe I've talked to the doctors and I've contacted your dad. He's in the waiting room along with your step mom and your step brother.” He told me while he stood there playing with his hands.

I could feel my throat go instantly dry at the mention of Jenny. I knew that things were going to be hell once I got out of here and I didn't know how bad they were going to be. I could feel the sweat begin to bead on my forehead. My heart was beating so fast in my chest it hurt. I could imagine all the things that could happen and I just broke down.