Chapter 8

Emery: I wonder what happened to Charlotte....

Damon: Who knows. Probably ran off with them.

Emery: Yeah but didn't she say she had to do something.

Damon: That's right but I don't remember what.

Emery: Oh shit!! She was going after her brother.

Damon: What are you going to do?

Emery: I can't do anything. Plus we have to go back to school tomorrow.

Damon: Yay....

Damon looked down sadly. I laughed at his face and pushed him onto his bed.

Emery: Baby!

Damon: Whatever.

Emery: So what do you want to do before we go back to school.

Damon: Well I wanted to give you a nickname but thanks to your parents your name is the hardest to give you a nickname.

Emery: My parents didn't name me.

Damon: What?

Emery: You see when a white runner is born every century the woman carrying the white runner goes to the alphas Luna. She speaks of the personality of the runner. Then the name is formed.

Damon: How do you know they will be white runners? Also what about gender.

Emery: Well if it is a child of a
White runner and alpha child
White runner and white runner
Or alpha daughter and beta son.
My parents were white runner and alpha child. About gender well for all other wolf babies you can tell the gender. But when the mother is pregnant with a white runner she gives birth to them as a wolf and not human. We are born wolf. On a scan we look like dogs. So you can't tell the gender. Me being a girl my parents hid me from every one. When the attack on Demon Shock came my mother protected me with her special power. A gift. That I could never be hurt as long as she was watched over me. And so I live without many feelings. Love was one of them. Until my mother made an exception for you.

Damon: Wow.... that's awful.

Emery: Yeah. Anyway let's not get sad. Come on there has to be some nickname.

Damon: Puppy?

Emery: mmmmmm.... I don't know.

Damon: Emmy?

Emery: If you call me that again I will cut your spleen.

Damon: OK NOT EMMY. What was the personality that was given to you.

Emery: oh!

E: Ecstatic
M: Magnificent
E: Equal
R: Runner
Y: Yearn

Damon: what if I call you Rey? It's runner, yearn, and equal.

Emery: Great.

Damon: Don't like it?

Emery: My mothers name was Reyna. My father called her Rey.

Damon: oh we can change it...

Emery: No it gives me a piece of her.