Her Perfection

Okay, I know I'm late for updating this, but I have a very good reason: I have been super sick for almost a week now, and writing on top of the fact I am suffering is not a nice combination. Anyways, this was a prompt based off of someone I saw in class. The objective was to describe a person we didn't know much and make clear the things we thought stood out to us within three or four paragraphs. I chose a lovely upperclassmen named Haley with beautiful brown eyes, gorgeous red hair, and an amazing laugh.

Her face completely froze, eyes wide and gleaming as the sun kissed her full ivory cheeks. The long red curls on her head seemed to be more of a chestnut colour then, polished with the natural sigh of the earth in between the tulip tree's blossoms. She was beautiful, even when she didn't understand the punchline of one of my stupid jokes.

Suddenly, her plump lips pulled up at the corners to her cheeks and exposed her white teeth that barely left the cover of her pastel veils. Her chocolate eyes began to smile as radiantly as her mouth when the joke connected to her thoughts. Curls bounced and shoulders shook when the delicate sound of stuttering breaths transformed into an almost exaggerated chortle. But it felt so much more earnest than that, the way her cheeks bloomed with laughter, coating her freckles in a deep red dust and the pink that deepened with each shake of her shoulders . Her eyes rolled back in her head as her neck rocked her curls off her shoulders and to the centre of her back, deepening the once gentle, titter-laced simper to a breathless strain of laughs that lost their voices inside her chest. She never smiled like this much, but when she did the air glowed with radiance and the rustling of nature's breath sweetened to match the faint smell of lavender and lemongrass of her favourite perfume.

The girl didn't understand how perfect she really was, how pale she made the sun's smile look in comparison to her own ray of a smile, the way her silky lips pulled at their own skin to dispose of the very idea that she was simply an emotionless, but pretty, face. This woman was more complex than that. Her joy was graceful and limitless, and her voice was softer than the sweetest honey. And I realised that if she was able to be happy with the little things I could offer her, I couldn't help but want to ignite that beautiful smile in her delicate eyes and those giggles dancing in her chest.

She was perfect.

~It's short, I know, but that was sort of the point to this one. I hope you enjoyed and that it created some sort of image as to how amazing this young woman is!~