His Past IV

"Je...llal..."

"What are you doing Jellal?" asked Minerva as she struggled with her whip against his sword. Jellal just stood there as she hissed, "Let it go Jellal!" She let go of her whip as she swing towards Jellal. Jellal stopped her by grabbing her legs that was about to hit his face. "What are you even doing?!? Are you trying to defend the enemy?"

"That's enough Minerva." he said bluntly as he release her leg. She gave a hard hit on his face. "Tie him up as well."

"But milady..." said Sting. "JUST DO IT OR I'LL DO THE SAME FOR THE REST OF YOU!!!" she yelled as both of them grabbed both Jellal's hands.

Jellal gave a sudden high kick at Rogue's abdomen as he went flying against the wall and pinned Sting to the ground in flash. "Arrest him! And kill the both of them as well!" said Minerva as the whole guild went towards him. He snickered drawing out his sword and went against all of them.

I was amazed by his skills killing three in one go. "Get him!" He moved the barrels that were on his side and threw at them. Then he leaped up slicing another four men, landing on the ground.

"JELLAL!" Minerva running towards him. He quickly threw a torch from one of the poles towards the floor. Fire began spreading around the guild. He ran over to me using his sword cutting the ropes at my hands. He barely caught me before falling to the ground. He placed one of my arms around his as we both escaped from the guild. I slowly turned back seeing the whole guild burnt down.

"Why would you save me?" I asked breaking the silence mode as he continued walking while supporting me. I sighed asking him one more time, "Why would you save me?" He stopped and replied. "I owe you one remember, so I'm returning the favour."

"You shouldn't have done this. It's my fault that the whole guild turn against you now." I said feeling regret as he shook his head. "Not at all...I'm sick of living that way." he said as I looked at him feeling shocked. "The truth is...I had no choice but to join Jiemma ever since I was young. My village was burnt down and seeing him killing my parents in front of me, I was mad. He saw and forced me and my little sister in joining him. I didn't know what to do and I decided to join him. Years past and I was having a hard time under him, doing all his dirty work and killing people that were in his way. Every time I kill a person, the smell of their blood rest upon my shoulders, their anger, sorrow and grief were all brought upon me. Even I had nightmares of them wanting me dead. That was when I felt tired and sick of being an assassin. That's why I decided to change my way but that would never happen. I guess my sins will be paid soon enough."

I felt sad hearing his past life and how he managed to survive under Jiemma. Time past and we finally reached the palace. I looked up and saw Gildarts, Natsu and the others were running towards me. "Oh there's one more thing I forgot." I turned to him, "What is it?"

He smiled, "Jiemma...was killed by me." My eyes widened hearing upon the news as I gripped his shoulders, "You killed Jiemma...but...how?"

"I did it in order to save your grandpa from danger."

"What?"

"I'll tell you once you recover." he said as Gildarts and the others reached.

"Laxus!" Gildarts came over helping me onto him. "I guess you're one of Minerva's members." said Gildarts as Jellal nodded. "Yes."

"Arrest him." Natsu and Gray captured Jellal as Gildarts ordered to lock him up in prison. "Wait Jellal!" I yelled making my way after him, but Gildarts stopped me. He turned back with a smile and went off with Natsu and Gray.

"What are you going to do with him?" I asked as Gildarts frowned, "He will be questioned and will receive his punishment soon enough."

"Just give me some time with him. I need answers from him." I said while heading but Gildarts stopped, "You need some rest your highness."

"But..."

"Please, there are some matters that needs to be done." 

I sighed heavily and gave in, "Fine."