General of Alvarez

GRAY

It's been a week and we still haven't got any men to help us fight against Jiemma. "Gosh I bet Jellal is all out there doing everything he can while we are still stuck here without even getting any aid." I said out of frustration while slumping back to the bed after a long day. We went out for a patrol around the city taking a look at the men around in Alvarez. Most of them were just normal town citizens and several groups were bandits and pirates. Natsu walked in the room after taking the shower. "Chill Gray, I'm sure we will get help soon, once we meet the Emperor of Alvarez."

"Yeah right..." I said lazily as Natsu came over and gave me a push up. "Alright go take a shower then we could continue to talk." I sighed heavily, locking the bathroom door and stripped my clothes. After a quick shower I walked in the room only with a towel wrapped around my lower waist. Natsu tossed a water bottle at me as I took it sitting on one of the chair drinking it down fast. "Anyways what time are we meeting the Emperor tomorrow?"

"Around ten in the morning, but Laxus told us to be ready by nine since it takes us half an hour to reach the palace." said Natsu. "Right, hopefully he would give us an aid. After all Jiemma is one tough guy we're dealing."

There was a knock at the door and it was opened after two seconds. "Bickslow Freed? What are you guys doing here?" said both Natsu and I. "We're leaving this instant." Both of us gasped, "What?!? What happened?"

"Just quickly grab your stuffs, we'll explain later on the way. Right now we got to go, we are calling the rest." said Freed as they both left to call out the others. "Geez wonder what's the matter?" Suddenly, the windows came crashing upon us. "What the hell?" I looked up seeing a few men dressed in black with thier face covered with masks as they lounged their mini blades and knives. Both me and Natsu dodged over as I quickly grabbed my sword and blocked most of them. "Ninjas huh? That's surprising..."

"We won't let you runts escape from here as by the orders of the General of Alvarez." said one of them as he held out a degree with a royal seal on it. I grinned back, "Sorry to break it to ya, but we ain't turning ourselves in cause we will be seeing the emperor tomorrow morning." They all stopped after hearing me saying that. "So you lot were planning to see the emperor?" Natsu whined while swinging his samurai sword. "Yeah are you guys deaf or what? Our king Laxus is seeing the emperor tomorrow. We're here for a mission and we'll see it to the end."

"Ah now that makes it clear for me." A voice spoke out and immediately the ninjas bowed low clearing the path for someone who was standing at the back. "I thought you were bandits, threatening the kingdom but it appears that a formal king of Fiore is here to see my emperor?" A tall white haired guy with glasses walked in, standing before us. "Tell me, what are your names?"

"Gray."

"Natsu."

He curved his lips into a grin, "Well Sir Gray and Natsu, pardon for my intrusion of messing your place and giving you this kind of welcome. Perhaps it's best if you see the Emperor tonight since he'll be busy tomorrow." Both of us were leaning against the wall and soon Freed and the others came in. "See what did I told you?!? Are you guys alright?"

"Who is this guy and why are there ninjas here? What's going on Gray, Natsu?" said Gildarts. Laxus walked in after that. "What's the mess over here?" The guy with glasses smiled as he introduces himself. "I'm the king's closest apprentice and general, Invel Yura."

"So what's the general doing here this late night?" asked Laxus as we offered him a chair that was still good as new. "Pardon me formal highness..."

"Your highness..." Natsu corrected but Laxus sighed patting on his shoulder. "Its okay Natsu. Go on Invel." He started explaining the situation. "As I was saying to those two, its best if you see his Majesty now, he'll be busy with meetings tomorrow." We all raised our eyebrows, "But didn't I send him a notice that I'll be visiting him tomorrow." said Laxus. Invel nodded, "Yes, but tomorrow his Majesty is having an important meeting with the new king of Fiore, Jiemma I suppose."

At that moment, all of us were shocked and silent hearing it. "I understand about your current situation since you have abandon your kingdom, your highness." said Invel. I gritted my teeth, "Okay that's it, I had it with you. You don't understand what Laxus has to go through. He had to literally sacrifice his kingdom to save us all from Jiemma. Yet, he has done a lot of fighting but nothing seems to work and we only had this choice of getting some aid here in Alvarez. I know he was always trying his best to make everything right and he has always been out there looking out for us and his people. Even our general is right there doing everything he can to save the Fiore."
"Gray..." The guys were trying to calm me down. "Calm down Gray..." said Natsu placing his hand on my shoulder. I was already losing my temper, I looked up at Invel. "So what's your answer general? You said this is the best time to see your highness right?" Invel gasped at first but he soon grin back. "Interesting...well in that case, I shall escort you all there. Follow me please." He ordered the ninjas to return to their position as the rest of us followed him back with our horses.

"Now listen carefully, no one knows about you lot entering the palace this late at night, so if you see other council members just say my name and they'll let you go understand?" said Invel as we all nodded. This is it, we're going to meet the emperor for real this time. Hopefully he hand us a hand in this matter. "Gray." I turned to the side seeing Laxus giving me a smirk. "Thanks." My eyes widened hearing the first time Laxus saying thanks to me. "I didn't even do anything, I was just letting out what I felt just now." He gave a laugh before giving a light hit on my head. "I know, you're just worried about me, thanks. I'll be fine, I promise to get back Fiore." I nodded back giving a soft smile, "Yeah I know you will..."

TIMESKIP

After some time, we reached at the palace, Invel lead us towards the main throne room where the emperor was sitting. So that's the emperor, he might be younger than Laxus. "Welcome to my kingdom, Laxus Dreyar, I suppose you have something to see me right away."

"Forgive my rudeness highness, I should have informed you earlier before you go to bed." said Invel while giving his bows. "Its fine Invel, you may go. Well then is there anything I can do to help you?" 

To Be Continued...