Escape

Laxus's POV

"Is that all you got Laxus? As usual you are weak just like Makarov." said Jiemma as he gave another blow at me. The floor cracked and the windows crashed leaving the broken pieces over the floor. I defended myself and released another wave of electricity at him. "I'm not done yet Jiemma! Lightning Dragon Roar!"

He took the attack with one of his hand absorbing it fully. "That tickles." I gasped seeing him transform into a demon. "All these years I trained hard so that one day I'll get back this kingdom for good." I snickered, "So now I get it, you're dead but you came back alive as a demon."

"I did it for the sake of gaining more power." he said as he leaped in the air attacking me. I blocked with both my hands against him. "Iron Dragon Fist!" Gajeel gave a punch at his face with Natsu giving a kick at the same time, "Fire Dragon Claw!" Jiemma went hit against the wall. "Ice Make Geyser!" Gray shot out his ice attack trapping Jiemma within. "Now Laxus!" said Gildarts. I unleashed my attack, "Lightning Dragon Hammer!"

He chuckled, "You really think you have out me." I punched his face, "Hate to break it to ya, but I'm tired of running away. I'll do whatever it takes to get back my kingdom."

"Oh really?" he said getting up from the ground wiping the blood on his lips. "See if you all can escape through my next attack." He put his hand together creating a huge dark beam and released towards us. Gildarts came beside, "This is our chance to get away."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You know...we can buy some time while we recover. We can deal with him once we get enough strength back up. Go now, before he takes on us along with others." said Gildarts as I sighed closing my eyes and spoke out. "Let's retreat for now." Natsu and several other knights nodded and quickly left. I let out another lightning strike and left the scene.

Minerva's POV

"How pathetic weaklings. They've escape." said father as I stood there at the side watching the whole scene. "You do know that you have Alvarez on your side. So why don't you summon them at once to block those fools from escaping the continent." I suggested as he smirked. "Very well I'll see how you all run away."

Natsu's POV

"What are those guys doing here?" I asked the moment we arrived at the main palace gates. They blocked us from going. "What's going on here?" said Gajeel as a huge group of men dressed in black armor surrounding the few of us. I cursed under my breath as I got ready my attack. Minerva came to the front and chuckled, "There's no way for you to run anymore, Laxus. I wonder how are you going to survive this?"

"I'll kill her." I said but Gray stopped me. "Don't make a move yet. Hey might kill us before we even get out of here." I scoffed, "But..."

"She's right Natsu. Just wait for my signal." said Laxus as he stepped forward. "So what are you intending to do Minerva?" Laxus asked as she snickered giving her signal as the men came marching forward holding high their weapons. "This isn't good, they're gonna kill us all!" I yelled as Laxus sighed creating a lightning barrier around us.

"What are you doing?" said Gildarts as he looked with a sad face. "I'm sorry, I'm doing this sake of your safety. You have me, Minerva, so I'm asking you to spare their life."

"Laxus!" We all yelled while hitting the barrier. "Don't do this!"

"Is that what you want?" said Minerva as he nodded. "Spare them immediately, I'll follow you quietly." he said as she grinned letting two guards capture Laxus. They handcuffed him and dragged him forward. "Laxus!" I yelled but he didn't budge or look. The barrier disappeared as I ran but the guards blocked us. "Laxus don't do this! Please!" I said watching him walking away.

"Laxus!"

Then an arrow came flying over killing one of the guards that were holding Laxus. "Who goes there?!?" yelled Minerva as we all gasped, feeling shocked, "Meredy?!?" She smiled and shot another arrow as Ultear came over hitting few guards with her magic. "We won't let you take him Minerva." said Meredy as Minerva raged drawing the sword out from one of them aiming towards Meredy, but Jellal blocked it with his. Minerva raged as she fought against him. She gave a hit at his back as she ordered the guards. "Seize Laxus immediately and kill that wench!!!!"

Army came in large numbers as Jellal grinned, leaping up in the air and sliced a few men. He moved his sword swiftly killing almost half of them. Their blood was all over his clothes, his sword and part of his face. "We can't just let him fight alone." I said as Gildarts sighed, "You're right." He broke the barrier with his crush magic as we all raged fighting against the army.

Jellal's POV

"I told you to leave." I turned seeing Laxus giving me that frown look. "I won't not until we get out of this place. There's still people waiting for you, so take the responsibility as their king."I said as I killed another two men. He sighed as I sliced those handcuffs from his hands. "Come on let's go."

"Gosh you're stubborn as ever." he said as I chuckled. "You go ahead, I'll have to finish them off first, take the others with you."

"What about you then?" he asked. "Don't worry about me. I have survived even worse than this. Go." I continued killing the remaining troops that were alive. Time passed as I gave the final blow to the enemy. Blood was all over the ground. I heard Minerva clapping her hands. "My such a performance you are giving Jellal. This is why my father always liked you from the start. He can see the look on your eyes...the eyes of an assassin."

I grinned as I turned my back and walked away. "I see...so this is your answer." she said as I continued walking away despite knowing that we'll be killing each other in future.