Broken Bonds

Laxus's POV

"After all these years and finally you shown yourself here." I said while glaring at him. He snickered, "I have been waiting all this time. I won't die that easily after getting a hit on my chest." He teared off his shirt revealing the scar on his right chest. "I used my own healing magic to stop the blood at that time. I never expect that one of my followers to betray me like this." He gave a stare to Jellal then back to me.

Jellal carried Erza in bridal style and walked past Jiemma heading towards me. "You're alright?" I asked seeing the look on his face, all tired and worn out. "I'm fine. I'll be taking Erza to Porlyusica." he said and left.

"Aren't you going to fight?" asked Jiemma as I sighed heavily, "Not today, I don't feel like it. We will be leaving." I said as I turned my back at him. Then I stopped, "Soon, I'll be back to claim my rightful place."

"Haha you wish...I'll be waiting Laxus." he said and after that I left the palace along with Gildarts and the other knights.

"Shouldn't we get the rest and the girls too." asked Natsu. "For now, it's safe for them to stay there. Who knows what Jiemma has in mind to kill us all later." said Gray from behind.

"You know you guys don't have to follow me." I said as they all stopped staring at me. "What are you talking Laxus?" said Gajeel. "I just don't want to trouble anyone for now. I'll be staying somewhere in the city. Don't worry I'm not running away again like the last time."

"Shut up." I turned around seeing Gajeel came over gripping hard on my collar. "Gajeel! Calm down." said Elfman at the side. "Don't you realize what's happening right now?!!!?? Most of our knights have followed Jiemma, Cobra is dead, Midnight is already gone mad and what about Jellal? He's going through a hard time!!!!!!"

"What are you saying? Cobra is dead?" I felt blown the moment Gajeel released his grip and yelled back, "Cobra is dead because Jiemma forced Jellal to kill one of the knights. I know that Cobra was an idiot too of asking the same thing from Jellal. Do you know how hard he felt after killing Cobra?"

Gray and Natsu came over trying to calm down Gajeel, "Chill out dude."

"I'm quite irritated of this palace anyway. I just don't understand why are you being a coward and running away."

"THAT'S ENOUGH GAJEEL!!!!" Gildarts raised his voice. "No he's right." I said as I got up from the ground. "It was my fault in the first place of handing my throne. I never thought so many things happen since I'm gone." I said while looking at the sky.

TIMESKIP

Erza's POV

I woke up seeing myself in a different room than my previous one in the palace. "You finally awake Erza." I slowly to the side seeing Mira sitting beside. "Where's Jellal?" i shot up from my bed. "Please Erza you need to stay in bed."

"No I'll have something to deal with him." I said as I ran off from the room.

"Erza!" Mira yelled at the back but I didn't budge I kept on running ahead till I was outside the streets of the city and started to search for him.

"Jellal!" I yelled after finally seeing him as he stopped turning his face towards me. I ran as fast till I stopped catching my breath. I was a few centimeters away from him. "Why did you save me back then? You should have just let me..."

He pulled me into a hug all of the sudden. "I was afraid of losing you. If anything happens to you...I...don't know what to do..." Then he gripped on my shoulders, gazing into my eyes, "Can't you see it? All I have done so far was to protect you. I just don't get it why did you say that the other day? WHAT WAS THAT?!?!!??"

I touched his cheek as his tears streamed down his face and onto my hands. "I have to Jellal...it's for the best." He let go, walking backwards, "Liar...it was Minerva right?"

I shook my head, "No, I made the decision." Then he yelled, "LIAR!!!! Don't lie to me Erza..." I felt my heart cringed but I didn't want him to get hurt by telling the truth. It will only make things worse if he knows it was Minerva the one who ordered me.

"Fine...if this is what you really want, then starting from now...we don't see each other again." he said as he turned and walked away.

I looked down to the floor feeling my chest slightly pain as clutched onto it trying to calm myself down. Tears eventually fell from my eyes, wetting the ground as I fell to my knees. "I'm sorry Jellal..."