Chapter #12

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF PAST AND PRESENT SELF-HARM AND PAST SUICIDE ATTEMPTS

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF PAST AND PRESENT SELF-HARM AND PAST SUICIDE ATTEMPTS. IF YOU FIND ANY OF THIS TRIGGERING, THEN I'M RIGHT WITH YOU. I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M WRITING STUFF THAT TRIGGERS ME, BUT AT LEAST IT MOVES THE STORY ALONG. THAT IS ALL.

When Masky woke up around 2 a.m., he found that Toby wasn't next to him in bed.
His brow furrowed as he threw the covers to the side and swung his legs over the side of the bed, standing up and stretching before walking out into the hall.
"Toby?" he called out, not worrying about the volume of his voice since he knew the others were out finding victims and killing.
He stopped walking when he heard a crash from the bathroom and a string of curse words began to echo down the hall.
"Toby, what did you do now?" Masky asked as he pushed the door to the bathroom open, but whatever he had planned on saying next was lost, his words seemingly lodged in his throat.
There on the floor, was Toby. His arms covered with new and old scars and blood steadily dripping from each cut and onto the floor, turning the white tiles a dark red.
Around him were multiple razors that had flown out of a fallen box that was also on the floor beside him.
"WHAT THE HELL?" Masky shouted and lunged forward, grabbing the teen by his shoulders and looking down into his tear-filled eyes.
"ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, YOU MORON?" he shouted once more and Toby's eyes narrowed as he began shouting back.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?"
Masky loosened his grip on the younger male's shoulders and quickly pulled him to his feet before pulling him over to the sink and washing the blood off of his arms, ignoring the yells of 'I can't feel anything' and 'I'm fine'.
"Listen here, Tobias," Masky began, using Toby's nickname. "I will not allow you to do this ever again. I don't care if I have to be with you 24/7, you will NOT do anything like this ever again. Listen, I know it hurts inside, but please don't say goodbye. I promise I'll help you through this."
Tears began freely streaming down Toby's face as he began sobbing.
Masky cleaned Toby's cuts then gently bandaged them and when he was done, he pulled Toby into a tight hug.
"How many cuts?" he quietly asked.
"Six on each arm," Toby whispered in reply.
"From what I saw, you didn't cut very deep, so they should heal within the month," Masky explained and Toby nodded his head, wiping his tears away.
"Come on, we can go watch The Cat in the Hat out in the living room and eat snacks," the young man said and Toby's eyes brightened as he dragged his lover downstairs.

"So, have you done stuff like that before?" Masky asked and Toby nodded his head as he munched on popcorn, swallowing the food before answering.
"Yeah, and while it isn't something I like to talk about, I'm fine with it. I think the first time that I cut was when I was fifteen. Then the last time I can remember, before today, was the day before my seventeenth birthday. Then after that, I tried to hang myself on my birthday but my...my s-sister stopped me. She said that she wouldn't have anything left to live for without me..."
Masky wrapped his arm around Toby's shoulders and pulled him into his side, holding him close until the teen eventually fell back asleep.
He brushed the hair out of Toby's face and sadly smiled down at the sleeping Proxy.
"I wish I knew what you were thinking," he whispered as he placed a gentle kiss on Toby's cheek and pulled him into his lap, allowing him to sleep until it was time for breakfast. Then all Hell let loose...in a good way, of course.

"Put a cork in it, Rogers," Zero grumbled as she stabbed her fork into one of her eggs.
"Oh, come on. You love me, admit it," Toby said with a grin as he leaned over the table, his nose almost touching Zero's.
"I'll stab your eye out with a fork," the girl threatened and the other teen rolled his eyes as he sat back down in his seat.
"Toby! Toby! Toby!" Sally shouted as she bounced up and down in her seat, her bright green eyes wide and excited.
"What? What? What?" Toby asked, only slightly mimicking the child.
"It's snowing! Look!" Sally shouted as she pointed out the window and Toby looked over at the large window, grinning when he saw the snow slowly falling.
"Well I'll be damned, it never snows in this forest," Jeff said as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair.
The Pastas quickly finished their food and got dressed before running outside and playing in the snow.
Masky and Hoodie watched from the roof of the mansion as the teens ran around and pelted each other with snowballs.
Masky mainly paid attention to Toby and could barely believe how in love with him he was.
"I've said it before and I'll say it again, that boy is going to be the death of me," he said and Hoodie chuckled as he put a hand on his friend's shoulder.
"As if none of us know that," he said, then his tone became serious. "Tim, you're going to have to tell him at some point. His eighteenth birthday is going to be here before you know it and if you don't hurry, you'll lose him for good."
"I know that, Brian. God, you don't know how much I think about that. But I don't want to push him, he needs to make the decision for himself," Masky replied and Hoodie nodded his head.
"Well, come on. I think they need us down there, it seems that there's about to be a snowball war," he said and the two Proxies maneuvered down to the ground and joined into the battle, worries almost forgotten.

_____________________________________________________

Cecil: Get ready for more feels in the few last chapters of this book.

Masky: You wouldn't...

Cecil: Oh, I totally would and I totally am :3