The Hourglass

One. Two. Three. Four...

I don't know how many seconds have passed but the sand kept on falling. With no intervals.

Just what is with this hourglass that draws me? It's just an hourglass with falling sand-a big one at that.

Sure it piques everyone's curiosity since it's been standing for hundreds of years but after knowing the baseless guesses and claims of what is it, not to mention countless, why can't I ignore it? Out of all the things I've heard and read about it, why can't those things be enough?

Enough, huh?

Just what is it that I have to hear that will be enough for me? An answer or explanation that will ease the unsettling feeling I have of the ginormous hourglass, regardless if I'm looking at it or not.

But more importantly, why does it have to be that big and be protected from outside harm?

***

Date Started: June 2019
Date Finished: June 11, 2020

Twitter: daerinniewp

***

Everything is fictional. None of the events that will take place in this book is real. Similarity to names or persons, companies, and the likes is purely coincidental. The views, opinions, and the choices made by the characters are not a reflection of my personal values and choices.

This is a work of fiction through and through.

Feedbacks and corrections (provided that it's properly said) are highly appreciated!

Plagiarism is a crime