Chapter 13

I'm awoken by the persistent and obnoxious knocking on my door. Why do people not understand how much I value sleep ? I groan and turn on my side hugging the pillow over my face hoping that whoever it magically disappears.
Well, it doesn't, if anything it got even louder. I angrily throw the pillow towards the wall making my way to the door. The same Jake guy from work is smiling at me with his arms folded behind him like he's a freaking saint when he just woke an innocent girl from her only sanity.

The audacity.

He's wearing the same T-shirt with the restaurant's logo and dark jeans with white converse.

"Hey, uhmm your uncle can't make it so he sent me to get your car ."

I look at how sparkly his teeth is then how "not wrinkled" his face is and how shiny his brown locks are before I slam the door at his face. I can hear him laughing as I make my way inside, the door nab turns and he walks in looking all smiley.

"Someone didn't have a good rest.", he says looking around the apartment.

"I wonder why's that .", I say sarcastically, my breath probably smells like spoiled cabbage and my hair is all over my neck, my eyes are almost back to normal thanks to the time to time overdose of those ginormous tablets and I'm wearing my famous "piss off I love sleep " pajamas. Well suits him for waking me up. I didn't even remember that my uncle and I were supposed to go out today.

"Nice place by the way."

"Mhmm, I'm going to shower be back I'm a few."

I leave him sitting on the couch to take a shower and freshen up. I hate waking up to an empty house, I use to really look forward to it when it was my mom and I but now that it's Steph, it just seems... like a bigger house. I'm pretty much a heavy sleeper but I'd still appreciate if she woke me up before leaving. Well maybe not, a note is perfect.
I have a shower and wash my hair, the towel is still draped firmly around me as I brush my teeth about three times then floss. I like really white teeth so I try to maintain mines. I don't know what to wear really, I'm in my underwear looking through my closet and drawers. I eventually decide on a shorts and a blue T-shirt with a goldfish on it; perfect. My curls are basically nonexistent so I comb through it bringing the loose strands in a ponytail then add some lip balm and perfume. My stomach growls and I'm reminded that I haven't had breakfast. The Jake guy sits in the sofa gazing like a creep,he stands and smiles at me.

"Ready ?", he asks looking around.

"Uhm yes, I'm hungry can we stop somewhere and have breakfast please."

He places his hand over his torso and bows slightly before me .

"Anything for you m'lady . I did wake you up, I owe you one ."

Damn right you do. I return his smile and close the apartment door behind us, when we get down I expect to see the company's truck parked outside, but there's a small gray Toyota. I looked at him questionably as he leads is towards it.

"What happened to the truck ?"

"It's in repairs. It kind of just stopped working yesterday."

"Oh."
He nods and drives us around until a small diner comes in sight, I smile lightly because it reminds me of the one back home in New York.
I asked that we sit near the window and he obliges. A middle-aged looking lady comes to our table and I order a coffee with cream and sugar as usual. With pancakes and eggs and bacon. Jake orders orange juice. My eyes falls to the window naturally and I can feel Jake's eyes on me.
"You like people watching ."

"Yup. I find it pretty fascinating ."
The lady comes with our food and I Don't hesitate to immediately start. The way how the pancakes and butter melt together; beautiful. This is delicious, probably not Steph delicious but delicious nevertheless.