Chapter 2

Dear diary ,
Everything that I've planned for years is finally happening. Everything is playing out well, I've worked so hard for the past year and when I found out I got into the college of my first choice(Florida State College) I was elated. I've always wanted to travel to Florida and study and have an apartment with Steph, now that it's finally happening I feel a little overwhelmed... Anxious rather. I plan on working part time to cut my share in the rent while my mom pays half of tuition since I have a part time scholarship. I'm getting better... at being an individual ,being my own person, it doesn't hurt as much when I think about 'him' . I run every morning , it helps to distract me and help release some tension . I wish I could make all my friends come with me to Florida but that would be quite selfish. Rick got accepted into NYU on a full scholarship as their baseball captain, Abbey got accepted into Washington University and even though she also got accepted into Florida State College I could never ask her to refuse the offer of her dream college. Rebecca started avoiding me after she and Rick made it official, I mean I guess she felt guilty after her bestfriend got her heart ripped out and she coincidentally found love right after. I wanted her to know that I'm happy for her and it's ok but I hated getting the little pity smile she always gave me. My mom and Steph's mom are driving to Florida today . Kill me now .
Xoxo Kalie
I place my diary under my mattress and check my phone to see if Steph had called or texted yet . None. Where is she? She called 15 minutes ago and said she was coming. I let out a long sigh and fall on my bed bouncing a little. I let myself dwell into the newly laundered sheet. They smell of vanilla, must be the new fabric softener my mom is using . Ugh I hate vanilla it's sickly sweet. My mother is downstairs making and packing breakfast for us to travel with, no surprise . I get up and decide to start packing, no need for procrastination since I'm leaving in the next couple hours. Every other five minute my mom comes to check where I am at packing, where the hell is Stepan!!. I begin with my under wears since I don't have much . I neatly fold them then place them into the suitcase. I was about to fill the second suitcase when I heard Steph downstairs. I stand angrily making my way towards my room door knowing she'll be there any minute .
" Where were you ? It's been almost an hour and your just here ! Steph you know how important this day is to me you can't-"

"Chill my parents decided to have a little get together to exchange gifts and words now that their little baby girl to going to college ", she explains dramatically . Stepan had been my bestfriend since like forever, she has thick,red ginger hair that travels down to the small of her back and she's a twin but her brother died five years ago in a car accident with her grandfather who also didn't survived. It was really traumatizing since they were really close. She has grey eyes with specks of green around the edges. Its beautiful really. She's kinda popular I guess, cheerleader, prom queen , fun, exciting . Why she choose me as her bestfriend I don't know. She's always been there for me and I appreciate it even though I'd never admit it.
I sighed giving in.
" ok, fine I'm sorry"
" It's cool, what's wrong ? You seemed in a mood from I called earlier on", she asked asked folding random clothes for my suite cases.
"I don't know, I just want this day to go as planned. And this morning this dickhead guy embarrassed me at the coffee shop". She rolled her eyes and snorted. What ?
" Like anyone can embarrass you kalie , anyways was he hot?"
I glared at her a bit and rolled my eyes.
" A little"
"Lie"
"Really , he wasn't all that total shitface"
"Lie again"
I sighed. God she's annoying." Ok fine he was hot"
And this was all it took. She wore her signature smirk and started jumping on my bed , to think I wasn't going to make that .
Stephan paraded like a kid who found out where his mom hid the cookie jar.
" Did you get his number? "
"No "
"Why not? I thought you said he was hot!"
"I also said he was a dickhead"
"Aren't they all? At least  you found a hot one "
I sighed, " Go away Steph"
She pouted like a child and continued folding.
Eventually we finished packing I went to get a shower. I striped me of my clothes and stood in the full length mirror on the door. I hate my body. I hate how how small my tits are and how my stomach isn't exactly flat. How the tiny stretch marks creeps about wondering. I hate how my thighs rub together, I considered being anorexic once but I love food too much.  I traced my hand to my public hairs which have now formed untidy cane fields. I needed a shave. I quickly got in the shower and let my hair down. I squeeze the shampoo in my hand and  rub them together then allow them to ravage through my thick curls. I rinse then take a shower and get out. I rap a towel around my body then my head. I blow dry my hair then rub coconut butter and Shea  butter to enhance my natural curls then make a messy bun at the top of my head  . I lotion my skin then put on my underwear which is actually simple. A white plain bra and a mesh underwear.. I come into my room in only a towel to see Stephan sprawled across my bed typing furiously in her iPhone , poor thing.
" Look who's alive " she stated sarcastically.
I choose to ignore her and wiggle into my bleached high waist ripped jeans which compliments my ass quite lovely and a random black nike shirt.
" You look hot " she states bluntly motioning to my butt.
"Your mom came in here like twice asking if you weren't through. My dad placed your stuff in the trunk of the car and everyone is waiting on us downstairs you know"
" No I don't know, it's not like you didn't just tell me "
She rolled her eyes and grabbed me by the hand pulling me out of my room. Violent much. I yanked my Elbow from her grip which earned me a puzzled look.
" I need to get one last look I explained" she nodded and waited with me .
" I can't believe were actually leaving for college Steph...this room held so much memories and secrets I winked at her. She had a nostalgic look I'm her eyes.
"  Ok let's go now, I'm not messing up my makeup"
I laughed and dragged her out.
At the  porch, everyone waited for us, Mr and Mrs Pryce with their family along with my mom who obviously isn't pleased with waiting. I was so excited. I could see it in Steph's eyes too. Her eyes were glistening as she hugged and kissed her dad... Times like these I wish I had a proper one. After everyone said their goodbyes we went to the car(Mrs Pryce's ) and headed towards Florida. Great .  Another 18 hours and 15 minutes listening to my mom and Mrs Pryce converse about crap and Stephan tapping on her screen. Kill me now .

Hey!!! Thanks for reading my story . Remember to comment and vote !! What do you think about kalie's bbf Stephan ? I think I'm going to make a Matthew's POV for my next chapter .
    Rochelle