Josh and Maya

Maya's POV:

I cover my face with my hands and let the waterfall of tears pour out of my eyes and into my small hands.

I can't believe he's gone.

How am I going to tell Mia?

How am I going to tell her that her father left us, just like my father did when I was a child.

Josh told me he would never leave me. He told me he wouldn't be like my father.

He told me he loved me.

I guess he was lying.

"Mommy?" I hear her call from behind the door.

I wipe away my tears and try to muffle the sniffles.

"Yes honey?" I ask.

"Can we make cookies?" She asks, making me chuckle a bit.

I stand up from the bathroom floor, walk over to the door and unlock it. I turn the silver knob and open the door.

I smile as I see my beautiful baby girl looking up at me. Her big brown eyes sparkling, and her short blonde hair barely touching her shoulders.

I pick her up, placing her own and walk into the kitchen. I set her down on one of the bar stools by the little island in the middle of the kitchen and smile at her.

"What kind of cookies do you want to make?" I ask her. Her face lights up, a big smile on her face.

"Chocolate chip!" She yells out happily. I laugh.

"Alright."

I pull out all of the ingredients that we will need to make the cookies and place them on the counter.

"Mommy?"

"Yea sweetie?"

"Where's daddy?" She asks. I had almost forgotten about that. I look down at my feet, my socks becoming the most interesting thing in the room.

"I heard you crying mommy. Did daddy leave us?"

That question made my heart feel like someone reached through my chest and squeezed it really hard.

A tear rolls down my cheek.

"Mia-" She cuts me off before I can say anything else.

"It's okay mommy. I'm not gonna leave you like daddy left us. And grandpa left you." She says, with a serious face.

I look at her with a small smile.

I go and sit down next to her.

"Thank you. You are the best daughter I could ever ask for." I say, pressing a kiss onto her small forehead.

"You know that daddy leaving wasn't your fault, right?" I ask her. "Because it isn't."

"I know." She says with a nod.

"Okay, good."

I wipe away my tears and sigh before pulling my hair up into a pony tail.

"Alright, let's make some cookies."

"Yay! Cookies!"

-------------------------------------

Sorry for another sad one shot 😕