14 Change

Heyyyyyyy um new chapter anyone? Oh well you six people that are always reading here you go! *lays on nice silver platter. Just know I'm thinking about this book all the time and I've just been really stuck. I'm working on a new book so that's why the updates are a little(a lot) slower! Anywho enjoy! Don't hate me:)

{James}

Change.

It's a funny thing.

It creeps into your life slowly until you finally realize that you just kissed your ex-bestfriend in a sudden made decision that maybe should've been thought through a little bit better.

Change.

It can be awful. It could bring your life sadness and worry.

One month ago if you asked me if I could see myself going on a date to win back the snarky and troublesome person who is Kayla Thompson, I would've laughed in your face. I would've told you that it's impossible. That it would never happen.

Never say never I guess.

I know though. I know that we're going to have to talk about everything.

I know I'm going to tell her, I just don't think it's today.

First date and I'm going to start it off by saying 'hey my parents are fighting for custody because they're getting divorced' yeah, not going to happen.

I fixed my tie as I drew in a breath ringing the doorbell.

And I saw it.

Her mischievous smile was a bright glint and her fingers were wrapped up in one another indicating she was nervous.

I got a C in psychology but I'm fluent in Thompson. I can't help it.

Don't look at me like that.

I cleared my throat,"You look beautiful."

She tilted her head,"I don't look beautiful every day?"

"No no that's not what I meant, I mean you look great right now and you look great-"

"I'm just kidding." She stepped down."Wow not a good way to start a date." She shook her head

I went wide eyed,"The date hasn't even started and I'm already messing up?"

Kayla laughed, "First strike."

"Oh so now we're playing ball? Do you remember I won mvp in baseball?"

She nodded sarcastically,"You were the best water boy out there."

"It counts!"

"Of course it does."

-

"So where are we going?"

I shook my head,"Somewhere special."

She looked out the car window,"That sounds awful."

"Shush it, your mind will explode when you see what I've planned."

"That sounds messy."