CHAPTER ELEVEN: More Asking, More Planning

Percy's POV

I can't believe Annabeth found me in that clearing in the woods. What were the chances that that night she wouldn't be able to sleep and choose that spot to walk to? Seriously? Luckily, I didn't blow my cover. That would have ruined everything. Luckily she hasn't noticed her blueprints are missing from her cabin and that I had them stashed under a rock in the clearing. So I guess I can't complain. We spent all night just looking at the stars together. Also luckily, we got back before anyone realized we were gone.

But before that night, after the lovely visit from Athena and Poseidon, I called Dr. Chase. Annabeth's dad was nice and all, but he was the one that I was most afraid about asking (besides Athena, but she so kindly made sure I didn't have to worry about that for long). Much to my pleasure, he totally approved after thinking about it for a few seconds.

"You make Annabeth happy, and that's far more than I ever did. It just took me until she ran away to figure it out. But then she found you. And you brought us back together, and I can't think of a better man for her."

I was practically swelling with happiness by time he was done talking. I promised to take good care of Annabeth, but Dr. Chase told me I already had. Needless to say, I ended that conversation feeling much better than going into it.

The last people I mentioned anything to was Grover and Thalia. I thought about telling the Argo ll crew, but I was afraid it would leak to Annabeth. She's obnoxiously good at figuring out secrets and reading people. I also didn't want to tell my mom yet because I wanted Annabeth to tell her with me.

I gathered our two best friends.

"I want you guys to know before it happens... I'm proposing to Annabeth soon."

They both stared at me for a minute and then simultaneously tackled me in a hug.

"It's about time!" Thalia practically shrieked.

"This is so great!" Grover said, a little teary eyed. "Oh, I remember the days when you two were twelve and always at each other's throats." But he didn't say this nostalgically. It was more like he was glad we got along now.

"Yeah, well, I figured this summer is a perfect time to get married with everyone already at camp."

"Good planning, Kelp Head."

"Thanks, Pine Face. I have it all planned out."

"The proposal? Or the wedding?" Grover asked.

"Yes. And some more but I'm going to need help..."