Chapter 14: Niall

I noticed that one of the bouncers was watching me carefully. I think his name was Kyle, but he let me pass by without saying a word. I shook hands with Luther as he led me to the VIP section that Cullen Blackbourne was sitting at. I shook his hand and sat down across from him.

"So, you're the one who managed to sell my product in this club," Blackbourne began. "That's bloody fascinating. What the hell did you do?"

"I've been selling for awhile," I answered him. "However, I am looking for something a bit more classier than just that stuff."

He chuckled as he took a sip of his drink. "Hm, you're straight forward, I like that. What makes you think that you can work for me? What makes you so damn special from all the rest?"

"Well, for starters, I know that there's quite a number of people that tried to sell your product here, but failed. Some that worked for you for quite awhile, but along comes the new guy and he gets away without a damn scratch."

"You could've just gotten lucky," Blackbourne informed me. He chuckled, "You're too ambitious."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Priorities are screwed to hell," he answered. "You're ass is too far up in the clouds and that's what gets you into trouble."

I shrugged, "Your loss if that's what you think." I turned my head to see Roxanne walking around the club.

Blackbourne noticed my staring. "Ah, that girl over there is the owner of this establishment. She's like you, you know. Ambitions and pride are too far up her tight ass."

Luther chuckled, "Wouldn't mind grabbing a piece of that tight ass, though."

"Cheers to that," Blackbourne said as they laughed.

My fists clenched at what they said, but I had to hold in my anger. "What's wrong with her?"

"I'm a business man, Niall. Her business is rising and rising fast. Unfortunately, her establishment is very well guarded and I can't touch it unless a paper is signed saying that I can touch it. This girl is very smart and knows what she's doing."

I smirked, "You can't touch this place and it makes you want it even more, huh?"

"Exactly," he sighed. "She'd make one hell of a business partner and a bit more."

I scoffed, "She doesn't seem that bad."

Blackbourne smirked, "Alright, Niall, I'll make you a deal. Go and talk to her. If you get her phone number, then I will let you work alongside Luther."

Smirking, I stood up and walked over to Roxanne. She glanced at me. "What do you want?" she asked me.

"Pretend I'm a customer and you don't know me," I said to her. She looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Blackbourne and Luther are watching. Just pretend you're flirting with me."

Roxanne smirked, raising an eyebrow up at me. "What the hell did you get yourself into?"

I leaned closer, placed my hand on her arm, and said in her ear, "I'm pretending to flirt with you. If I get your phone number, I can work with Luther. He directly works with Blackbourne as his right hand man."

She said in my ear, "Do they know about our history?"

"No," I answered. "I'm not planning on telling them either."

Roxanne smiled playfully and leaned closer to me, "I got a better idea than the phone number."

"What's that?"