Chapter 17: Roxanne

Niall and I were cuddling in the couch. His fingers were running up and down my bare back. I moved closer to him, giggling. "Niall, you know that tickles me."

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Sorry, I just missed this too much."

"We're not dreaming, are we?"

"God, I hope not." Niall pulled me closer as I snuggled against his chest. "Listen, I know you're scared about this. I don't blame you for being scared because I am too. We need to work on our communication."

"And no more secrets," she added.

Niall nodded, "No more."

I smiled and knitted my fingers in his. "We really got a lot of work ahead of us if we want this to work again. Not to mention, you have this investigation. Are you sure that you want to do this now? We can wait until it's over."

Niall shook his head and moved on top of me. "I've waited long enough." He nuzzled his face to my neck, making me squeal.

In the worst timing, my phone started to ring. Groaning, I sat up and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, Rox," Harry said. "Listen, I need some help."

"With what?"

"I want to start planning a gender reveal party for the baby," Harry answered. "I was hoping that you can help me with your talented event planning skills."

I grimaced, "So, you know the gender?"

"Yeah, I do, but you're not worrying about it. You'll find out when we reveal it. I just need you to set up decorations and find a catering service too."

"If I'm putting my own time and effort into making this party happen for you, the least that you could do is tell me the gender of the baby, Harry."

"Oh, come on, Rox, I know that you're going to be more than happy to help me plan this out anyway, especially since this baby is going to be your godchild."

"Well, how do you want to do the gender reveal? On top of that, do you have any ideas where you want to throw the party?"

"Mom said we can do it at her house. So, do you think you can handle all the decorations, food, and entertainment?"

"What the hell are you going to be in charge of if I'm doing all the work?" I questioned him.

"I'm chaperoning you."

"Are you serious?" I snapped. "You're going to make me in charge of the whole party while you're just sitting on your ass? I understand Mercedes not helping because of the stress, but what about you? On top of that, you're going to make me plan out your damn baby shower too!"

"Well, I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"You're giving me your credit card."

"I was going to do that anyway," he answered simply.

"And you're paying me for the labor I have to do for this party too."

"What?!" Harry gaped. "Why can't you just say this is a gift for our baby?"

"Because I have a business to run and you're lucky that I'm willing to do this. Besides, an event planner would charge you a lot more than me. So, you're going to suck it up and give me what I ask or you can stress out about the party with someone else. You're call, Styles."

Harry sighed and mumbled, "Fine. I'll pay you for the labor. We want to do the party in two weeks. Do you think you can do that in time?"

"I hope you already invited guests because that's a pretty short amount of time."