Chapter 29: Roxanne

It had been about a month since I kicked out Niall and lost my club. I haven't stepped foot inside or even gone near it since Niall took over. I got text messages from Calvin, Henry, and Kyle. They would tell me how Blackbourne was at the club every night. They knew he was doing something illegal there, but Niall gave them orders to leave him alone. There were other times where Blackbourne would use the office. Once and awhile, Niall and another guy named Luther would sit in with Blackbourne. There would be suspicious people coming in and out of the club. However, the business was steady, which was good, but what part of the business was actually clean at that point?

Without the club, I focused on Mercedes and Harry's baby shower. Anne would come over and help me out whenever she could. She knew what happened to the club and told Harry. Harry told Mercedes and Mercedes told Gemma. The three of them would try to call me to hang out, but I didn't want to. I knew that they were just going to ask questions that I just didn't want to answer.

Most nights, I would drink a glass of wine, curl up in a ball on the couch, watch TV, and depending on my mood, cry myself to sleep. I felt like a fool. I was a fool for believing Niall. I was a fool to think that our love was going to be perfect this time. I should've known better. I should've stayed far away from him as possible. It was difficult to do it because of our bond. We've been through so much and found a way to fight, but I'm tired of fighting. I don't want to fight anymore. I've dealt with enough violence in my life. Violence is the cause to why Little Horan died and why I can't have a baby.

I set my empty wine glass down on the floor and look up at the ceiling. Niall tried calling me a few times during the two weeks, but he finally got the hint. I wasn't going to answer any of his calls. I didn't feel the need to talk to him. I didn't want him to explain why he did it and how it was the right thing to do.

He was too prideful to admit what he did was wrong. It was wrong for him to trick me the way he did. A part of me wondered if he actually sat me down and talked to me, explain everything to me first, maybe I would've signed it willingly. The only thing I was scared about was losing the club because people would be scared to go because of something bad happening there. If he promised me that no one would be harmed, the club will be safe, and all those things, maybe I would've signed. I would need some proof that the club would be safe after his assignment was done, but I could've signed it willingly. Then again, maybe I wouldn't have signed it. Still, he could've tried instead of going behind my back.

My phone went off and I glanced at it. Sighing, I picked up the phone. "Hi, Harry."

"Hey, you want to get dinner? Just the two of us?"

"I don't know," I mumbled. "It's kind of late."

"Rox, it's only six."

I grimaced, "Harry, I'm not even in the mood."

"Come on, Rox, you need to get out of the house. Do it for me, please."

I groaned, "Alright. I need to shower though. I'll be ready in thirty minutes."

"Okay, I'll be there by then."

I hung up the phone and went upstairs to shower. As I slipped on jeans and a black shirt, my phone went off again. I rolled my eyes when I saw who was calling me. I let the phone ring and continued to get ready, but of course, the phone went off once more.

"I need to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Roxanne, listen to me, you might be in danger."

"Really? Is it because you involved me in your investigation or is it because of you letting Blackbourne into my life even more than necessary?"