Chapter 1: Goodbye To The Past

A/N: when you see 'Cilmi' it's pronouced CHILL-ME. I have also put the song that plays in this chapter on the side.

-

I really hope you enjoy my very first fanfiction. I know it start's off kind of slow but please stick around! I also pre-write chapters so I already know what's going to happen in the end so I can't wait for you all to read it! x

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

{2010}

FLASHBACK

I was getting ready to go and visit my grandparents who live about an hour and a half away when all of a sudden I got a text from my cousin Mary. I love her, she is my best friend but she believes in the horoscope shit and she's very superstitious.

Anyway, I got a text saying, 'Something bad is going to happen Bree. If I were you I wouldn't do anything today. Just a warning.'

I didn't believe her, I never really do, so I texted her back saying, 'Why? Is this more of that horoscope stuff?'.

All she sent back was a winky face. I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone in my bag.

"Bree, are you ready?" My mum Joanne yelled.

"Yep, coming!" I yelled back and ran down the hallway.

"Okay, let's go." Mum said as I got to the kitchen.

"Where's dad?"

"He's waiting in the car for us."

"Okay."

It had been raining heavily the night before so dad knew that the road was going to be a bit slippery.

"Make sure you drive safely dad." I warned him as I got in the car.

"Always do."

Dad isn't a bad driver. In fact, he is a very safe driver but I just need to tell him to be careful otherwise it makes me feel uneasy and I have no idea why.

"What do we want to listen to?" Dad asked, as he started the engine.

"Can we please listen to Gabriella Cilmi?" I asked.

Even though it was her 2007 album I had recently become obsessed with it.

"Where is it?" Mum asked looking through where the CD's were.

"I have it here." I said and pulled it out of my bag; she took it and put it in the CD player.

Mum pressed the 'shuffle' button and it began to play. Safer was the first song to come on. My favourite song of hers.

That someone far from home said to me
I can tell, luck has run dry, what do you see?
The sky above's kind of broken and torn
And every rose plucked from
My hearts twisted with thorns

And just when I think I'm on top
I wonder how I'll get back down
And just then the moment is lost
I stumble and I hit the ground

And I just wanna feel a little safer
Yeah, I'm on my knees
And I don't wanna deal with all this later
The pain I just can't take

And I just wanna feel a little safer
Yeah, I'm on my knees
And I don't wanna deal with all this later
Just drifting on the breeze

I went to singing along but I couldn't see or feel anything. I tried to open my eyes but they felt so heavy. Gabriella's voice was cut off and a sharp pain ran up my spine and I screamed out in pain. There was a lot of noise. Then further into the distance I could hear a siren of an ambulance coming closer and closer...