Portents of War

Jack POV

"Remind me that this never gets easier."
"This never gets easier."

We gaped at the eerie architecture standing majestically in front of our eyes, the sharp tower roofs looked more like daggers than just a normal rooftop. The full moon behind the castle made its appearance more eerie, and at the deepest pit of my mind I think I would want to stay here forever than go there.

  The centre of the architecture looked like a big broken branch with blisters, the corner never looked any sharper. How dark the castle was reminded me of Pitch Black, but I hardly believe that he would stay in a place as majestic and easy-found place like this.

Yes, it fits his character. Tall, sharp and eerie, dark colours dotting everywhere but if I were to be a high class villain, I wouldn't stay where people could easily spot me. Ruins the fun. A bony bridge leads up to the entrance, and when I say bony, it literally is bony. It makes me wonder how much lives were sacrificed to build that bridge that was as far from Jamie's house to Megan's. Angus hesitated to comment on our reactions, but said something soon after.

"Behold. Witch's Lair."

"A witch's lair?" Aqua, Ben and I cringe simultaneously. Angus and Si gaze longingly at the dark building, giving a short hum as a  response. "Is there no other way than just..." I trailed off, observing the dark forest around the castle that seemed to fit in mood of eeriness. The silhouette of the gigantic architecture was contrasted against the moonlight, giving the feeling inside a horror movie.

"There is, if you want to get lost in that forest." Aqua replied, being obvious.

"Just go along the bridge until you stop in front of a grey door." Angus suddenly spoke.
"What?" I inquired as the three of us snap our heads to look at him.
"But beware of the dragons," He turned to me. "You can freeze them if you can't avoid,"
"Oh, not this moment, please not this moment," I heard Aqua plead.
"There are no guards at the entrance, just the demons once you get inside..." His expression flashed fright, and Si came to clutch at one of his branch as she gave me a uneasy look.
"Just say that you want to meet the queen."

"You're talking like you're saying goodbye." I pondered, my hand coming to cross itself up my chest. "We just want to get some water from the Lake."
"The lake's behind the castle. You want Hyre too, right? Touch the one with the violet leaves, if there are memories, then it's Hyre." He advised, ignoring my remark.

"Well, you're coming with us. You'd tell me which is which, wouldn't you?" I questioned, seeing no need for him to explain everything.

Silence.

"Angus?"

"We've come too far than we should," Si stuttered. "We shouldn't be here,"
"What do you mean?"
"We must go."

"No, you mustn't," Ben let out a humourless laugh.

"We're sorry, and good luck,"

Angus started to back away, but stopping as Aqua demanded him to.
"We didn't even get to say goodbye?" He came up from behind me and walked up to Angus, smiling a bitter smile. The time Aqua consumed was used for me to make solid frost, shaping them instinctively. One was as big as my palm, and another was as small as Si's palm.
"Thanks for the hospitality," He sighed, patting Angus on the branch.

Ben was on my heels as I was the next to walk up to them. I placed my palm against Angus' bark, with the solid snowflake under. Blue light ignited, and Angus gaze at the finishing touch as I lift my hand away. The flake was firmly planted on his bark, and as he was marvelling, my hand that held Si's flake was offered freely to her.