Good Luck

Jack POV

Everyone was silent as two sets of footsteps echoed down the hall before the oak door was swung open.

Aqua and Alaine made their entrance with bewildered faces as the two yetis pushed their backs to the center of the room.

I was leaning on the wall, spinning my staff between my fingers with my hood up, covering half of my face.

Ben and Breeze squeezed to each other, fingers entwining. Sandman, Tooth and Bunnymund had their serious Guardian look; Whilst North's eyes burned into Alaine's figure, his lips in a tight frown.

The eerie silence wasn't broken until Aqua laughed nervously and raised his hand to scratch his head in confusion. "What's going on?" He asked with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Oh, I don't know," North chortled humorlessly, not leaving his eyes off Alaine.

"Why don't you ask Alaine?"

Alaine tensed as Aqua nudged her ribs. They whispered to each other, voices hushed and frantic. After a few exchanged words, Aqua exhaled once, where Alaine started to bow down.

"I have no idea," He said. "We were just walking into the workshop until your yetis brought us here. That's all we know."

I scoffed, somehow I scoffed a little bit loud than I wanted to. The room was in irritating silence again, and I tapped my staff on the wooden floorboards.

North gets my impatience and started the briefing.

"We discovered that Jade has got the Hyreaoti," North said. Aqua's eyes widen in the name of the sickness. "Long story short, the last thing she'd been eating before she got the symptoms was the cookies - that you offered her a few hours back."

"Both of you can understand the message from here." North concluded.

"I would never harm Jade!" Aqua argued in disbelief, instantly understanding.

"We know, Aqua. Its not you." Bunny said in an obvious tone.

Aqua shifted in confusion before gazing at his mate, Alaine. In a matter of seconds, she turned pale.

He trembled, emphasizing her name.

"Alaine. Was it you?" He asked shakily.

"Obviously," I muttered under my breath.

"Its not me!" Alaine stuttered. "Yes it was." I deadpanned.

"No it wasn't! You have no proof whatsoever!" She stomped her feet childishly, yelling at me.

"Oh, we do." Cupid entered the room like a lawyer, with a clear bag that has the cookies inside it.

"I found Hyre signs inside these cookies. The almost unnoticeable smell, ah, the texture it has gotten the cookie into, its Hyre all over."

On the corners of my eyes I saw Alaine rub her arms.

"Hyre?" Aqua took a step away from Alaine. He had the look of disbelief given to his mate.

Alaine shook her head frantically as she denied. "I swear it wasn't me, babe!"

"But you made them!" Aqua hissed, gesturing at the cookies inside the clear bag, which was now on North's table.

There was a minute of silence before Cupid cleared her throat, demanding an answer and explanation.

Alaine stuttered for a second before finally giving up. Her eyes met ours for a brief second, but I realised that her gaze lingered on mine.