The Mischievous Lovers

Erielle could feel her knees shaking but she has to put on a brave front; she's confessing her feelings to Miko, her long-time crush, the man of her dreams, the guy who's making her melt with just a single smile. She even borrowed courage from one bottle of beer - the spirit of alcohol made her grimace as she tasted the bitterness of the beer, making her body numb and hot as it travelled through her veins.

She said the three important words to him: I like you, but she was rejected. She felt devastated that night as she walked away from him. "I cannot like you. I have a girlfriend already." Those were Miko's words that keep echoing in her head. Wasted and shattered, she poured out all her anger to the poor trash can along the sideways.

She was lashing out when a hooded stranger appeared and mocked her for being ugly and brokenhearted. Her anger escalated, so she used up all her energy and knocked him down. "How dare he mock me?" She said to herself as she walked away.

A year has passed and she already moved on from her broken heart. Everything was going smoothly when the chaos started to pile up. One, she bumped into the most notorious guy in her university and had a fight with him. Next, her mother throws her out in her condominium unit and rented a new apartment without her consent. And the son of her new landlady was none other than Yuane, the leader of the gang whom she had a fight in school. Seems like luck wasn't in her favor.

Yuane made sure that her life would be miserable but she didn't give a damn. She was too busy dealing with her own family issues. But what will happen when the guy whom she knocked out a year ago is the same guy who's making her everyday life a hell?

Will her hatred risen up and curse him till death do they part, or will fate bring them closer together? Will there be any chance that Mr. Cupid strikes his arrow to make the two a real-life couple?  

*********

PROLOGUE:

"Hey! You're the lady this morning, right?" Tanong nito sabay tingin sa aming dalawa ni Ice. Ngumiti lang ang dalaga as if saying "Yes, I am that witch this morning!"

"Kailan ka pa umalis Aaron? Hindi ka man lang nagsabi." Aniya at umupo sa tabi ni Aaron.

"Sorry, hindi rin ako nasabihan agad eh." Ani Aaron na mukhang hindi man lang sumama ang loob sa pagpapaalis na ginawa dito.

"I apologized. Hindi ko rin alam na inilipat ako ng mama ko dito. Kanina ko lang din nalaman. Pasensya ka na." Hinging paumanhin ng dalaga. Hinawakan pa nito ang kamay ni Aaron at biglang nagliwanag ang mukha nang kupal. Ipinatong pa nito yung kamay niya sa dalaga na tila ba ina-assure na "ok lang ako."

"Ah, wala yun. You don't have to apologize. Dadalaw na lang ako sa iyo, I mean dito." Anito na tuwang-tuwa sa pagkakahawak sa kamay ng dalaga na lalong ikinainit ng ulo ko. Para silang mga lovers na naglalandian sa parke at nakakairita silang pagmasdan.

"Dude, bitiwan mo ang kamay niya at baka kulamin ka na lang niya bigla. Mukhang may kakaibang powers pa naman yang witch na yan." I said looking seriously at their direction. "Or don't tell me, you already gave him a potion or you hypnotized him right after you met him awhile ago? What tricks did you do to my friend?"

"Masyado ka namang seloso. Huwag kang mag-alala Yuanito dahil tanging ikaw lang ang kukulamin ko. I can't wait to cast my spell on you." She said smirking, enunciating my name distinctively.

"Call me that again and I will rupture your neck!" Gigil na angil ko dito. Naiinis na talaga ako. Malapit na ako sa aking breaking point. Konti na lang. Konting-konti na lang at papatulan ko na tong mangkukulam na ito.

"Really Yuanito? You'll do that? Oh my, should I be scared? Do I have to ride on my broomstick and fly away from you? Hahahaha!" Tila walang takot na tugon nito na lalong nakapagpainit ng dugo ko. This witch has the nerve?! Tignan lang natin.