PART 26: THE BIG REVELATION

(Erielle's POV)

"You're siblings."

Damn it! Why does it keeps on playing in my mind over and over and over again like a damaged CD?

That can't be. Bakit? Bakit kailangang maging magkapatid kami? Hindi ko matanggap at lalong ayaw kong paniwalaan. Maybe this is just part of their schemes to separate us. That's right..

Yun ang akala ko. I thought they were just going too far just to break us apart, but I was wrong. I can still remember what my mom said that night.

"Erielle, I want you to know that Yuane's father is your real father."

That's it. That's what she said to me and my father nodded; it was a sign that he was agreeing with her.

"Paanong? Anong sinasabi niyo? You're lying." Pinagpalit-palit ko ang tingin sa kanilang dalawa. "Nagsisinungaling kayo. Ganun ba kalaki ang galit niyo kay Yuane kaya nag-isip kayo ng ganyan kababang kasinungalingan? This is ridiculous." Sigaw ko.

"Shut up young girl. Your mother is right. Your real father is Yuane's deceased father."

"That's the real reason why we have to separate you from him." He said calmly then brought out an envelope and gave it to me.

I opened it and saw pictures of Yuane with his mother and his fathe. I could tell that he was a fine man, just like Mr. Delmundo, I mean, dad.

Hinawakan ko ang larawan ng sinasabi nilang tunay kong tatay at sa hindi inaasahan, bigla na lang akong pumalahaw ng iyak. That's the very first time I had an image of my real father. Ilang taon ko ng pinagdadasal na makilala ang tunay kong ama, but I didn't pray for him to be the father of the person I love.

Bakit ganun? Bakit kailangan siya pa ang maging tatay ng taong pinakamamahal ko? "Ma, are you sure he is my father? Baka naman nagkakamali ka lang. Ma, tell me this is all just a lie." Nagmamakaawang pakiusap ko kay mama pero umiling lang siya at tinignan ako, puno nang awa ang kanyang mga mata.

"Erielle, he is your father."

"How sure are you?"

"I've met him abroad, in a convention. We get along pretty well and unfortunately, we had a one-night-stand." Panimulang kuwento niya, her words weren't clear like when she's speaking in public. It was as if she didn't want those words to come out from her own mouth. Nakita kong nag-tiim bagang si papa. I know alam niya na ang tungkol doon pero hindi pa rin maiwasan na sumama ang timpla niya sa kasalanang ginawa noon ni mama.

"Nang gabing may mangyari sa aming dalawa, ipinagtapat niya na may asawa't anak na siya and he didn't mean to lead me on. Hindi niya daw sinasadya." She said as she swallowed hard not to burst her tears.

"After that, hindi na kami muling nagkita pa, at hindi ko rin inaasahan na mabubuo ang pagkakamaling iyon."

"Paano niyo nalaman na siya ang tatay ni Yuane? Pinaimbestigahan niyo ang pamilya niya? Bakit?" sunod-sunod na tanong ko.

"I'm the one who ordered someone to investigate his background. Nabalitaan ko sa mama mo na you're getting along with your new friends and I want to make sure that you're in good hands."

"What? You mean pinaimbestigahan mo rin sina Miko, maging si Precy at Indigo?" Tanong ko. I could not believe he did that. I was astounded for a moment that I opened my mouth but I could not utter another single word.