Chapter 16

Squid's POV:
I sit on the side of the road holding Tom close to me. I don't want to let him go, not now, not ever. The last thing we did was fight. I hope that won't be the last thing forever. I then hear footsteps come up behind me.
"Squid!" I hear a voice yell my name and recognise it's Ash's voice.
I don't move and I don't make a sound. I just keep holding Tom close. I also hear the sound of sirens coming our way.
"Squid what happened?" Ash asks me.
I don't answer
"Squid, you alright?" He asks me again.
I still don't answer. How can I talk, move, eat or do anything at the moment. That car was meant for me not Tom. It should be me in this situation, not Tom, me. I then hear new voices and I can see that the ambulance has arrived. I then feel a new presence next to me.
"David, you need to let go of your brother so we can take him to hospital" the man said.
I don't move a muscle.
"David, please, I don't want to use force" the man begged trying to grab Tom but I hit his hand away.
"Right then, it's your choice" the man says and I feel two men grab me.
"No! Let me go! Tom please wake up! Leave me alone! I need to be with him, I need him! Let me go!" I cry, scream, yell, struggle anything.
I push the guys off of me and grab my skateboard and skate away. I can't be here.
"Squid, come back!" I hear Finnball yell.
I don't dare turn back, I continue on.