Part 23

It was as if her prayers had been answered in that moment when a group of about 10 armed police burst into the broken restaurant and swiftly examined the situation before landing their eyes on the subject at hand. George suddenly made a failed attempt at fleeing the crime scene but a tall, bulky policeman who looked around 7 foot encased him and placed him up against the wall with his hands behind his back, tightening the handcuffs around his wrists. So tight, preventing him from escape as George had a record of being able to slip his wrists free of them having grown accustomed to having them there, often. This just gave you an idea of how many time he had been caught for the various reasons. You could tell the procedure the police carried out with each arrest was nothing new to him as he followed them without an incorrect move.

As soon as George had been dragged out of sight and was harmless to Amy she took to Jay’s side, sliding across to him on her knees, tripping several times over the length of her dress that was now blood strained from the pool of blood she had fallen in when she was trying to drown out George’s loud cries. She began to pull his curls out of his broken face, blood still oozing from the cuts, with her trembling hands. She wanted to do all she could to help him, grabbing handfuls of napkins from nearby tables that had been thrown out the way in George’s outburst, and started to clean up the bloody gashes. Jay flinched from the pain, Amy caused as she touched the raw cuts across his face. He then began to speak in a croaky, apologetic voice, “I’m so sorry Amy…” He felt guilty for his unnecessary retaliation towards George, he really didn’t want that side of him to show to Amy anytime soon.

Amy shushed him before saying under her breath, “He deserved it anyway!” This caused Jay to chuckle, a grin shooting across his face. You could tell this caused him pain but he didn’t seem to care.

Luckily, two paramedics rushed to the scene and began to work rapidly on his body. He was losing a lot of blood and was beginning to lose colour from his face, he was gradually getting paler and paler by the minute. Jay took hold of Amy’s hand not planning to let go. His grip told her everything that he was in pain and discomfort and was scared about what was to come. She kissed his hand and kept it held close in attempt to calm him down. She would remain here for Jay like he was 2 years back. Gradually he began to relax, feeling safe knowing that Amy wasn’t going to leave him for what he had just done. But he couldn’t help doubting this. She could still leave yet, it was just a matter of time.