Chapter 3

- | Being an Alice | -

"So, does that mean we'll be roommates? Yay!" cried Mikan, waving her hands around. There's only one room left for a 'no-star' in the elementary division, and that's the attic where Mikan is staying.

Hotaru shot her horse-hoof mittens at Mikan.

"Owie~ Hotaru-chan, why did you hit you me again?" whined Mikan, rubbing her cheeks.

"You shouldn't be celebrating for other people's misfortune" said Hotaru, using her usual tone. Sakura giggled.

Sakura's hand flew to her pocket, then sighed. She held onto the star badge tightly, guilty for lying to her classmates. Though it's not actually a complete lie since she already talked to the ESP about it. But she needs to be extra careful, not to get caught.

~ * ~

"Yay! It's Sports Class today!" said Mikan in an energetic tone.

"Do you like sport, Mikan-chan?" asked Sakura. Mikan looked at Sakura and nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course~" classmates giggled and laughed.

"That's the only subject Mikan actually does well in..."

"Hey!" cried Mikan, waving her arms around. Everyone laughed. Sakura sighed and looked in the distance.

Alice Academy was alright, but she would give anything to return to Tomoeda.

Back to her school.

Back to her friends and family.

"Sakura-chan! We're doing gymnastics today!" cried Mikan. She laughed and looked at Ruka. Let's do our best!" Ruka blushed and nodded.

"O-of course." Sakura looked at them and smiled sadly.

Unrequited love... so it seems.

"Okay students!" started the sports teacher. "Please line up and demonstrate to the best of your ability. No Alices allowed. Perform either flips, cartwheels or anything to prove your flexibility and ability."

"Hai!" Everyone began to line up. Permy was first.

"Ah hah! Of course, I will be the best in this~ After all, I am a cat," chuckled Permy confidently. Sakura sweat dropped.

She reminds me of Mei Lin-chan...

Permy ran and when she got to the mats, she jumped gracefully, flipped and finished with cartwheel. The teacher grinned.

"Perfect as always. Let's see if Mikan can do any better."

"Of course I will!" yelled Mikan, firing up. Sakura chuckled.

"There has always been a rivalry between Sumire-san and Sakura-san..." explained Ruka, looking at Sakura. Sakura nodded. "Are you good at this, Kinomoto-san?" Sakura smiled and shook her head.

"I still have ways to improve..."

Sakura looked at Mikan performing. Mikan stood still and performed three cartwheels perfectly, without stopping. Even Permy was impressed. The class clapped.