Chapter 29

Syaoran had visited Sakura's room, and the two had caught up with the news and stories that had happened. He had given her Tomoyo's letters, as well as update her on Eriol and her family. Sakura loved being able to talk to Syaoran again.

While she had enjoyed the company of Mikan and Natsume, it wasn't the same. Having someone who could understand her, someone who was also a magician being with her made her feel at ease.

That, and because Syaoran was someone very dear to her.

"Who knew that annoying aura was you?" muttered Kero, changing the subject. The said boy glared at him.

"If maybe you were better at sensing auras, you would know who it was when I stepped in the academy," smirked Syaoran. "Some Guardian of the Clow Cards you are."

Kero twitched his brow. "WHAT WAS THAT, BRAT?"

The card mistress sweat dropped. "Calm down, you two." Though she couldn't help but smile.

"Though," Kero started. "Should you two really be missing class?"

The two sweat dropped and laughed nervously. That's right, Sakura and Syaoran had skipped class to have a quiet talk.

"It's okay. Everyone's busy preparing for the Valentines Ball anyway. By the way, if I recall," Sakura started. "You got put in the Special Class right?"

Syaoran nodded. "It's a shame you were in the Dangerous Ability…" Sakura shook her head.

"It's alright! At least that gives you a chance to get to know everyone more instead of just talking to me," smiled Sakura. Syaoran groaned.

"It's so draining though," he sighed. "Can't I just use my magic to beat the ESP? Simple fire, wind and such?"

Sakura pouted. "We have to keep a low profile about our magic. Remember, everyone thinks we have Alices. You were the one that told me that!"

Syaoran grumbled, having his words be used against him. However, he sighed and gave a laugh. Sakura soon joined in – enjoying his company.

Kero smiled at Sakura – having watching the two and their antics. It had been a long time since Sakura had laughed like that, and though he would have hated to admit – Kero was thankful that Syaoran was here.

~ * ~

"We're late!" shouted Sakura. Syaoran and Sakura had been so caught up in their talks, that they had forgotten the time. Syaoran sighed while the two were walking hurriedly down the hall.

Sakura suddenly stopped after seeing the group. "I think they're heading to their respective classes." Sakura looked around. "I need to go to the principal's office, so we'll see each other later, alright?"

Syaoran nodded and watched as she ran off. Looking back at the group, Syaoran sighed – slowing walking towards him. Mikan noticed him.

"Ah! Li-kun! Over here!" Mikan called out.

Syaoran nodded his head and he reached over. Tsubasa raised a brow.

"Oh, a new face?" he asked. Syaoran nodded again.

"Li Syaoran, just call me Li." He said bluntly. "I'm in the Special class."

Tsubasa laughed. "I'm Tsubasa, also in the Special Class."

Syaoran smiled slightly. "So, you're on your way to class?"

"Yes!" cheered Mikan. "You can come with us since we're heading the same way!"

While it was a bothersome process to be training their alices in class, no one had really spotted him out as a 'powerful' person. The principal only saw him as a means to Sakura's weakness to control her, but since Eriol had taken care of that – Syaoran was basically just a regular student that deemed no threat to the Academy.