Chapter 20

- |  Tormenting Secrets | -

"We're here to take Sakura-chan back home."

"E-eh? But weren't you the one that told me to enjoy my time there?" asked Sakura, quite confused. Eriol smiled at Sakura.

"Things have changed, and the course of fate has altered," explained Eriol. "It's dangerous to let Sakura-chan stay at the Academy any longer." Yue stepped forward to Sakura. Natsume only glared in return.

"Fool, you don't even have the strength to fight me," Yue said. "You're pushing it kid, any more and you'll die."

Sakura could feel Natsume's grip on her wrist tighten. "I've dealt with conditions far worse- and I'm not afraid to take you on."

"That's right!" yelled Tsubasa. "Sakura-chan's our friend, and we'll protect her to the end!" Sakura's eyes widened.

"There's another way of protecting her," smirked Eriol, raising his hand. "And that is to let her go home - to where she belongs." He looked at Sakura. "Don't you wish to see your dear father and brother again? To see Li-kun and Daidouji-san? To attend school like before and not attend class in fear?"

The card mistress stayed silent.

"Weren't your plans to escape the Academy and return back home?" asked Eriol, his eyes seemed to be grinning. Natsume had released his grip on Sakura's wrist, but was now standing in front of her. "Unless, your plans have changed?" Sakura still didn't say anything. "You already found the warp hole. So why didn't you take the chance?" Yue seemed impatient.

"Tch - why are you hesitating Sakura?" Yue asked. He lifted his hand, and conjured crystal shards in the air. Natsume's instincts kicked in - and summoned a fire wall.

"Hyuuga-kun! Stop it!" cried Sakura, grabbing his arm. "Stop pushing yourself!"

"Baka - this is nothing! Let go!" yelled Natsume. He tried to tug his arm away.

"Stop being so stubborn!" Sakura yelled back - trying to cancel out his fire wall with her magic.

Eriol chuckled at the sight. "I wonder how my descendant will act to see this..." Yue sighed as the crystals began to rain down. The fire wall finally disappeared. Tsubasa flinched and used his Alice - however, Eriol rendered it useless.

"I don't appreciate meddling from outsiders," smirked Eriol. Tsubasa shivered as his shadows were halted.

"SHIELD!"

Sakura had released her key and used SHIELD, and a pink orb had surrounded her friends. The crystals disappeared within contact of SHIELD.

"Is this your answer, Sakura-chan?" asked Eriol. Sakura nodded.

"R-right now, there are people who need me. I need to find a cure for Imai-chan!" answered Sakura. Eriol tilted his head.

"But you'll be in danger - and your family and friends back in Tomoeda will be worried."

Sakura hesitated a bit before smiling sadly. "My ma- alice...is needed at Alice Academy. And right now, my friend is in need of an antidote. If she doesn't get it, then she'll die..." Sakura looked at Eriol and Yue. "I know I'll be fine - I have my friends here."

Eriol smiled and looked at Yue. "See, there was nothing for you to be worried about."

"What?" asked Tsubasa, quite shocked. Sakura's eyes widened in shock.

"Yue was very worried about you, he kept on asking me how you were - and how Cerberus was doing as well," chuckled Eriol. 

Yue frowned. "I said worried, not very worried..." Sakura smiled nervously.