Chapter 23

- | The Christmas Ball | -

"Eh? You're going to have a Christmas Ball?" Kero asked, eating a plate of pudding. Sakura nodded cheerfully

"Yup! It's going to be really fun!" Sakura laughed. "Though, we have to help prepare for it ." She wore again the bracelet Tomoyo had given her. Sakura takes it off when she's not in her room since it would be awkward if the others see her in costumes, whenever her magic activates it.

"But," Kero started. "Should you really be missing class?"

Sakura sweat dropped and laughed nervously. That's right, Sakura had skipped class to read the other letters. Though, it was elective class – a class that neither Natsume nor Mikan were in. She mused, if Natsume had found it – he would be quite irritated.

"Its fine," Sakura replied. "We were already given teams in homeroom class. All we need to do is show up for the preparation and help at our respected team. I was placed in the Sweets team. Though it's a shame since most of our friends are in the Cake team. But thinking about it, that gives me a chance to get to know everyone more instead of just talking to my usual group," smiled Sakura.

Kero smiled at Sakura – having to watch her enjoy herself. It had been a long time since Sakura had smiled like that, since entering the academy.

~ * ~

"I'm late!" shouted Sakura, rushing madly to the halls. Sakura over slept again. "Oh, there's Mikan and the others!" Sakura stopped and looked at the group. 

"Sakura-chan!" Mikan called, seeing Sakura. She waved at her, smiling. 

"Oh, hi Mikan-chan!... and the others!" Sakura looked around. "I'm going to find the Sweets section, so we'll see each other later, alright?"

The group nodded and watched as she ran off. "She's been smiling a lot, recently," commented Misaki.

"Yeah. She looks much cuter when she's smiling," said Tsubasa, looking at Sakura while completely oblivious of the stares the others were giving him.

"You're not thinking of something perverted, are you?" Misaki hit Tsubasa on the head while Koko and Kitsuneme were calling him names such as 'Pedo!' and 'Lolicon!'

"Sakura-chan doesn't always show her true feelings, ne?" Mikan commented. "Just like Natsume-kun. But she's a really good person." Everyone looked at Mikan. "Always looking out for others yet not wanting the others to worry for her." They all agreed and nodded.

"Yeah, she's amazing. Not flaunting that she's a Special Star," replied Koko, reading Mikan's mind. Mikan and the others looked at him.

"What?!"

"H-how did you know that Sakura-chan's a Special Star?!" yelled Mikan. "That was suppose to be our secret!"

Hotaru shot Mikan with a Baka-gun. "Idiot! Now everyone knows about it." Mikan looked around and saw the students all looking at her. "Ah, heh heh," laughed Mikan, nervously.

"Baka," Natsume glared at Mikan and walked off.

~ * ~

"Ruka-pyon is with Piyo! Hotaru-chan is decorating on the top layers of the cake since she has all her inventions and Iinchou is using his Illusion Alice to help people who are scared of heights!"

"And you're doing nothing with that Alice of yours," Natsume muttered behind Mikan before being called to help with baking the cakes.

Sakura on the other hand, was busy using the SWEET, since she was assigned for the desserts.