Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to @puja001 -san. Thank you for your kind words. I'll try to make this story more amazing *cross fingers*

- | Magic vs Alice | -

Two pair of eyes glared at each other, watching each other's movements. Neither of them moved and let the cherry blossom petal fall silently to the ground.

They eyed a lonely petal that flew pass them and began to fall to the ground. Time seemed to slow down as they waited for the perfect time to attack.

A petal touched the ground and both of them prepared for attack.

However, Sakura was the first to make a move.

"Firey!" she called out, a spirit emerged from the card Sakura was holding.

The spirit resembled a boy, covered in flames. He had wings on his back, which made Natsume wonder if this spirit needed the wings to fly.

Natsume prepared for the fight, raising the fire higher around Sakura and making the heat rise.

However, as they were about to attack each other, Sakura and Natsume heard a loud rustling sound. Sakura also felt a familiar aura, and looked towards the direction. There was no direction however. She just heard it.

Sakura stopped and felt the presence. She was still looking at Natsume to make sure he wasn't attacking. Natsume frowned and took the chance to raise his defenses.

"A clow card..." whispered Sakura.

Natsume smirked and threw a fireball at her. She dodged it with a jump and prepared a fighting stance.

She ordered firey to attack. Firey shot flaming arrows at Natsume. He grunted but managed to run away from the arrows. He looked up at the cardcaptor and smirked.

"What was that?" asked Natsume, continuing to raise the flames. Sakura only dodged them, and began attacking.

Firey flew towards Natsume and prepared to strike. Natsume created a fire blast while Firey blocked it with a fire blast of its own. There was a terrific explosion and a cloud of black smoke.

"That's none of your business," replied Sakura as the smoke cleared away. Natsume began to feel irritated.

'Why is this girl refusing to answer? What is she hiding?' thought Natsume. There was so much he wanted to know.

Another rustling sound was heard.

Natsume began to wonder.

Sakura was already torn between fighting Natsume and finding the Clow card. Firey began to notice his master's troubled look and began attacking with more force.

However, Natsume wasn't to be underestimated. The fight continued, neither one of them refused to back down as flames collided with one another.

After a few minutes, Sakura kneeled down on the floor in exhaustion, panting and trying to stand up. Natsume started to cough lightly, but Sakura could sense that he was indeed tired as well.