Chapter 20

Here's a short update while waiting for my doctor to arrive...

- | twisted fairy tale | -

"We're here to take Sakura-chan back home."

"E-eh? But weren't you the one that told me to enjoy my time there?" asked Sakura, quite confused. Eriol smiled at Sakura.

"Things have changed, and the course of fate has altered," explained Eriol. "It's dangerous to let Sakura-chan stay at the Academy any longer." Yue stepped forward to Sakura. Natsume only glared in return.

"Fool, you don't even have the strength to fight me," Yue said. "You're pushing it kid, any more and you'll die."

Sakura could feel Natsume's grip on her wrist tighten. "I've dealt with conditions far worse- and I'm not afraid to take you on."

"That's right!" yelled Tsubasa. "Sakura-chan's our friend, and we'll protect her to the end!" Sakura's eyes widened.

"There's another way of protecting her," smirked Eriol, raising his hand. "And that is to let her go home - to where she belongs." He looked at Sakura. "Don't you wish to see your dear father and brother again? To see Li-kun and Daidouji-san? To attend school like before and not attend class in fear?"

The card mistress was conflicted. "I-I..."

Natsume pulled Sakura back. His arms snaked her waist, his head rested on her left shoulder. "Stay with me..." he whispered softly, sending shivers down her spine.

Sakura unwraped herself from Natsume's grip and stared in his twinkling crimson eyes.

"I... I can't," tears pooled in her eyes. "I'm sorry."

Sakura walked slowly towards Eriol and Yue, not making any chances to glance back at the boy. Eriol smirked at the sight and Yue instantly conjure crystals from his hand.

Sakura's eyes widened at the sight and was about to turn back but it was too late. Yue's crystals stabbed Natsume in the chest before she was able to stop it.

Eriol dragged Sakura before she could protest and the three quickly disappear from sight, leaving Natsume covered in his own blood and Tsubasa confused and panicked.

Tsubasa tried to help Natsume but it was too late. He lost too much blood already. And so at the tender age of 11, Natsume died from a broken heart.

Mikan and Ruka remained asleep waiting for true love's kiss while Tsubasa turned into a beast.

And no one lived happily ever after. The end.

04/01/17