Chapter 12

- | Raise the curtains up! | -

Sakura chuckled to herself, as today was the day of the Performance Festival. It was the third day; well known as the Performance Festival, where each class displays their art and special activities. The Somatic Class is performing a musical, one in which Ruka was staring.

Sakura ran along with Mikan and the others to the second hall in the senior division. They were allowed back stage and so they went in to see Ruka putting on his makeup. The shocked expression on his face was priceless.

"I told you not to come!" yelled Ruka, shooing everyone away. Sakura couldn't help but giggle at Ruka.

"Hmm, what are you all doing here?" asked Narumi, coming over. Sakura glanced at her teacher and tried to keep a distance. She didn't want to get caught on his pheromones.

"We came to see you, Ruka-kun!" cried everyone. "You're so cute, Ruka-pyon!" Narumi laughed. Chuckling, Sakura walked over to Natsume.

"What do you think?" asked Sakura. Natsume didn't say anything. The card mistress sighed and turned to Mikan. "Mikan-chan, I'm going to the bathroom for a minute. I'll be right back, okay?" Mikan nodded cheerfully.

~ * ~

"Hyuuga-kun...?" stuttered Sakura, shocked at the boy in front of her. Sakura rubbed her eyes. She could not believe that Natsume had dressed up as a cat. She then glanced over to Mikan who was dressed up as the Prince. "Did something happen when I was gone?"

"Ah, the actors got slime-balled and it won't wear off in time for the play" explained Narumi. Sakura sweat dropped, seeing her teacher dress up as the hunter. Sakura glanced over at Natsume and chuckled. Natsume frowned.

"Aha, I see," smiled Sakura. "Well, I guess I'll go sit down..." The card mistress stopped talking as she saw Natsume burn in anger.

"Oi Narumi, we're missing the witch right?" he asked. Sakura gulped.

"Uh, not really but it is better to have a student play a role than a teacher..." muttered Narumi, glancing at the substitute witch. Sakura smiled nervously and tried to walk away slowly. "Ah, Sakura-chan," called Narumi. "You can play the witch!"

Sakura sent death glares at Natsume, who in return smirked. "B-but, I can't really..." The Cardcaptor felt arms around her. "E-eh? Mikan-chan?" Mikan had come back from her make-up and hugged Sakura.

"Please Sakura-chan? It'll be fun!" exclaimed Mikan. Sakura sighed and nodded.

"Well alright," said Sakura. She glared again at Natsume, who seemed to be amused. She followed Narumi to a room to get her make-up and costume done. When she walked out, Sakura was dressed in a black robe and a witches' hat. She walked up to Natsume and smirked.

"Well, at least my part is not as bad as yours," she grinned. Natsume showed an expressionless face and walked off.

"Let's do our best everyone!" cried Mikan.

~ * ~

'Once upon a time, in a land far way, in a place of briar and beautiful princess stayed,' sang the chorus group. Sakura sweat dropped. They had no melody, tune or beat but there was still this feeling that made the song enchanting. 'She'd live forever in eternal sleep, but that all swayed.'

Sumire supposedly woke up, yawning. She was wearing a gown with a bow on her head. A lazy expression was on her face, her hands scratching her leg. Around her were chocolates, boxes of pocky, a television and other unknown things.