Chapter 22

- | The HEAL | -

The card mistress groaned, rubbing her eyes as she woke up. Lately, after the 'Z' encounter, Sakura hadn't been sleeping properly. She heard the content snores of Kero who was sleeping in her drawer. Sakura smiled - thankful for a day off class.

'At least one of us is getting a good sleep,' thought Sakura. She got up and changed into her uniform and brushed her hair. She gasped as she looked out the window, seeing the academy covered in white snow. Sakura smiled and pulled out her Sakura Card; SNOW.

"At least you're not the one causing it this time," giggled Sakura, remembering the time when she was still capturing the Clow Cards. The Snow had completely covered the whole of Tomoeda in snow and Sakura had to use Fiery to clear it. She glanced over at her television and saw that Kero's game was still on. She shuffled over and bent down, picking up the game package. "The Attack of the Robots," Sakura read, looking at the pictures. She decided to turn off the television and pressed one of the buttons. A 'dun dun duuun' sound was heard followed by a yell from a certain guardian.

"Sakura, why did you reset it? I was up to the boss level!" Kero wailed, who magically appeared out of nowhere. Sakura smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, it's just that I thought I'd just turn it off..." Sakura was cut off by the angry aura of Kero. She smiled nervously and backed away, causing the game device to unplug of the television. Kero stared at it and shivered, laughing evilly while looking at Sakura. "K-Kero-chan...?"

Kero didn't move, but suddenly at lightning speed, he flew over to Sakura and tickled her. Sakura started to laugh. "I'll tickle you until you say you'll never touch the game again!" laughed Kero. Sakura laughed too and managed to nod.

"Oh, that's right!" cried Sakura. Kero tilted his head.

"What is it Sakura?"

The card mistress smiled and closed her eyes. Gusts of winds filled the room and beneath Sakura was her magic symbol. "By the power of the stars, I command you come forth," chanted Sakura. A light began to emit from Sakura's hands. "HEAL!"

Kero watched in wonder as a card formed from Sakura's hand. "Sakura-chan...you made a new card?" Sakura opened her eyes and looked at the card, successful it had worked. The card floated to her hands. "The HEAL card?"

Sakura nodded. "Mm, I got injured a lot on my missions – so I figured I should probably have a card that can heal my injuries." Kero frowned.

"...and heal others too – right?" asked Kero. Sakura paused and thought about the recent Z incident and how Hotaru, Natsume and the others were so close to death.

"Y-yeah," nodded Sakura.

Kero took the card and looked at it. "It certainly is a strong card," smiled Kero. "Huzzah, a new card under me!" Sakura tilted.

"So this card is under the sun?" asked Sakura. Kero nodded.

"HEAL has the ability to heal right?" explained Kero. "That's a 'light' form of magic." Sakura nodded in understanding. Kero looked at the clock. "Oi Kiddo, didn't you promise Mikan and the others that you'd go to Natsume's dorm to decorate while they go to Central Town?" asked Kero. Sakura looked at the clock and gasped.

Today was Natsume's birthday - in which Mikan and everyone else had devised a plan. It was planned that while everyone else went to Central Town with Natsume, Sakura would decorate his dorm in preparation for a birthday party.

"Oh no, they're going to be back soon!" she cried. She looked at Kero with a smirk. "It's your fault!" Kero pretended to gasp and laughed, waving goodbye to Sakura. Sakura smiled back and left. Kero was left alone, and opened the locked drawer. Even though Sakura had casted a spell, Kero could still access it. He took out a book, which was the book that kept the Sakura Cards. He flipped the book over, and sighed sadly.