Chapter 3- This way

Joshua sighed as he stuck his hand in a bag of cheetos, taking a handful and stuffing it in his mouth.

This is a usual Saturday evening for Josh, just watching a random show on tv and eating away.

Joshua never had the motivation to go out, not when he had everything he needed in here, his room.

If he didn't want to, he wouldn't even have to leave his room. He had a bathroom, a bunch of food and drinks, plus a tv and a comfy bed.

What more did he need?

"Joshua! Josh get down here!"

Josh let out an obnoxious groan, slowly sliding off his bed before getting to his feet and heading downstairs.

"What!?" He yelled from the top of the steps, scratching his head slightly.

"Josh honey, can you go deliver this to Mr. Jones? He's gonna give us some money in return," she exclaimed, handing Joshua a basket.

He scoffed, pulling his hoodie over his head and grabbing the basket.

"What am I, little red riding hood?"

"Oh just go give it to him," she said, returning her attention back to the food she was preparing .

"Fine, but if the big bad wolf eats me it's your fault?," he warned, making his way out the door.

"Be careful hun."

°°°

Joshua lazily rode his old, yet sturdy bike down the marked path.

He hated going through the woods, especially when the sun was going down, and it was now drizzling.

The drizzling soon became heavy rain though, once he was nearing the house.

Or at least he thought he was, because once he focused on the road again, he realized he had passed the old house, and a gate was now blocking him from going any further, a "restricted area," sign was placed in the middle.

He groaned, looking at his surroundings.

Anything in his left or right was nothing but trees, and it was now dark .

He sighed, taking his phone out of his pocket and turning the flash on.

There was no use in going back to the mans house, it was almost 10 and his mom was probably starting to worry.

"Whatever," he muttered, but just as he was turning his bike around, the sound of leaves rustling  had him frozen in place.

His heart sped up, but he built up the courage to take is phone out and point his flash at whatever or whoever was making the noise.

His eyes widened once he found it, the sound of leaves crunching coming to a halt.

It was a boy, his eyes squinted, and his body shaking.

He was wearing nothing but a oversized shirt that reached down to his knees.

"H-Hey, are you okay?" Joshua asked, still not moving.

The boy didn't speak, he only stared at Joshua, his lips quivering.

"What's your name? Do you know your name, or where you came from?"

This time the boy nodded, letting out shaky breaths.

Joshua dropped his bike, beginning to slowly walk towards the frail body, who was slightly startled by the sound of the bike.

"D-Don't hurt me," the boy pleaded, finally letting his croaky voice be heard.

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you, do you know where you came from?"

The nodded once again, frowning slightly.

"Should I call the police?"

Immediately, the boy shook his head no letting out a small cry.

"Why not?" Joshua asked, unaware of the boys situation.

"N-No, p-please h-help. N-No police, they'll send me back."

At the moment Josh had no idea what the boy was taking about, or why he didn't want him to call the police, but he understood that the boy needed his help.

"Look, I'll take you home yea? I can help you there, we'll figure something out, my mom just can't see you."

The boy nodded quickly, desperate to get somewhere safe.

"This way."