Into the closet

Further down the hall Draco joins Hermione as she strolls through the corridors.

"I know the voices aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas." Draco exclaims jokingly while taking Hermione's bag from her shoulder and carrying it for her.

"What if the microwave could also be used for making of potions? I mean, wouldn't it be faster?" He questions Hermione, thinking his idea as brilliant and the solution to the worlds problems. Hermione could only imagine the potion exploding and mimicking a nuclear bomb. Over the weeks Draco had come to enjoy the Muggle classes and it humoured Hermione. Over the weeks and eventually months which had passed, Hermione had become good friends with some of the Slytherins and spent her time with them rather than with the Gryffindors.

"Don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?" Perhaps his muggle classes. Hermione rolls her eyes at his stupid idea.

"Not until 4." He ignores her obvious mean comment and continues. Hermione knew that he understood her comment because his Muggle class is at 4 in the afternoon and he is well aware that he knows absolutely nothing about the Muggle world and perhaps could be considered stupid in that subject.

A small blush covered his cheeks as he tried his question again. "Wouldn't it work though?" He considers it would make everything easier.

"No." He purses his lips slightly at her answer, but he doesn't continue. Hermione considers the discussion won and a small smirk graces her lips throughout the rest of their small walk.

"Ron talked to me." She tells him about the rant he had gone on about just before. "Again. Trying to get his opinion across and trying to force it down my throat." Hermione hates it when people do that. Everyone is entitled for their own opinion. Just as Voltair had said 'I will disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' Words to live by.

Draco furrows his brows deep in thought and Hermione could see the worry reflect in his eyes as he told him what Ron had said. Perhaps Hermione shouldn't have told him. It is clear that it just adds to his already existent worries.

Suddenly a loud roar of an animal shakes the hallway and a faint 'run' scream out after it. They both make eye contact for a second before taking off, followed by other students. After a few steps Draco drops the bags against a wall so they could get away faster.

Students ran through the halls, running for their lives. No one could see the creature but they could all hear the bone-chilling roar.

"It sounds like a dragon." Draco exclaimed mostly to himself.

Hermione rolled her eyes at his exclamation. "No, really? I would have though it is a mutant lion riding a tricycle." Hermione replies sarcastically.

"Why are you being so mean to me?"

Hermione pulls Draco up the stairs, separating themselves from the rest of the students. "I am being sarcastic. Not being mean. There is a difference."

Draco pants and follows Hermione around the corner. "No, there really isn't."

Draco suddenly stops and pulls Hermione to a halt.

"Wait." There was a clear edge in his voice and Hermione copies his worried look.

"What?" They look around the empty hallway. No one was in sight.

"Where are we going? Where is everyone else?" Draco's eyes wander through the empty hallway.

Hermione stops all movement. "Oh." Draco tries not to snap a sarcastic remark at her. They are being followed by a dangerous animal, leading them stray and all she could say was 'oh'.