The Mysterious Color

Colors

Ch. 2

By: Cutegirlmayra (Okay, so like, forgive any spelling or grammar errors. I try.)

The Mysterious Color

The next morning was like a fatal punishment enacted by the wrath of God.

Just like the few mornings beforehand when it continued to ruin my life...

'It's all because I delivered that man's death like the Grim reaper...' I told myself, waking up in my cramped room with the mattress on the floor. My hair was a mess, not just from waking up, but from all the cleaning and wrestling I had to do with that alien bunny rabbit. I swear that thing was evil. Just... cutely evil. Its evilness was only rivaled by its innocent appearance. But it sure made me hungry for rabbit meat.

Is it rabbit season, yet?

Speak of the devil, when I got up and ready for school, I found it laying on my green bean bag, fast asleep. Its tail made of rainbow light swished gently in front of it, curling around its soft, furry body stuffed full of my precious food. I could still see its face through the odd tail though.

Get out.

I lifted the bean bag, making the creature roll off and gasp as it woke up and Offph!'d as it hit the ground. "Ouu?"

"No. Out." I stated, quite angry. I hadn't slept on the soft side of the mattress...

Walking outside with my backpack and school clothes on, which thankfully passed me off as a normal student at the school I attended, I heard the little demon whine from inside the hippie den.

Growling, I turned around, "What?" I stated bluntly, not amused in the least. The little thing had hopped up to the drape on the entrance and lifted it up with its head, sitting on its back legs. It seemed sad to see me go, its big fat eyes looked to me with such sorrow and dismay.

"Oh come on, you're barely bruised!" I could see its tears forming, its lip slightly trembling like a child's. "...You're kidding me." I exasperatedly fell limp, letting the backpack slip off my shoulder a bit. "You're flippin' kidding me...!" I glared back at it, fed up with its ruse.

For the next few minutes, I held it like a baby in my arms and rocked it back and forth. I leaned down to get the paper, moving back inside and sitting down on the bean bag. I bounced it on my knee as I looked over the neighbor's newspaper. I would give it back, when I'm done...

The lede caught my attention away from the alien's odd giggles as it seemed to be cheering up. I leaned forward, shocked as my eyes honed in on each word.

Rich Man Robbed!

KOLEROY—62-year-old Hud Joshten was robbed last week when a young thieving couple drugged him and took off with his safe, stashed with his retirement fund, from within his estate.

No news on the culprits, however, it's sure to be a wild goose chase as officers are desperately trying to help detectives and superheroes alike find the culprits as we speak.

I breathed deeply, in and out, the whole time thinking to myself: 'I didn't kill him, I didn't kill him. It's okay, I didn't kill him.' While another side of my brain ran wild and kept screaming, 'You're a thief too! You helped them! You're half responsible! Turn yourself in!' I shook my head.

No, no... no need to go to jail. I just can't deliver something like that again. I'll do something nice today... yeah, cancel out the wrong. It'll be okay... it'll be-

I turned my head to see that freakin' alien eating my last waffle from the fridge. "Why you little-!" It was so light, and I was so distracted, I didn't even feel or see it fly out of my arms.