A Villain's Consent

A Villian's Consent

Ch. 12

(Unedited)

How'd I get into this mess?

Oh right...

I was cocky...

I sat in a chair with my shoulders up in my slouch, clutching the chair.

Not only had Lady Saint-... well, Miss Scarlet convinced me to return back to this school, but was now also trying to convince me to trust Dr. Ram.

Dr. Ram... the crazy, butterfly-head scientist man... How could anyone trust someone so.. so..!?

"Predictable."

My head launched up in seconds once I heard his familiar and unique voice, so happy all the time.

For the first man ever to declare me a villain, I was hoping his voice would sound sinister... but sadly, it was just full of knowingness and cheer.

He had walked out of the door, seeing me sitting in a line of chairs on the wall, and Lady Saint Grace coming out with him.

With his hands together, he just seemed in such glee, almost bouncing up from time to time like a spring, delighted I was back in his clutches.... Or so it would seem.

"Hark, I pray thee to stay." She was really trying on me, but I was so fed up with all the misunderstanding and hopeless attempts at trying to get my point across.

I turned my head.

Whether they see a hero or a villain... I wondered what I saw within myself...

That's more important, isn't it?

"My dear girl, I believe you to have an extraordinary gift." As creepy as creepy can get, he moved down and closer to me, squatting on his legs which wasn't necessary to speak to me.

What did he think I was, a child?

"You may not know your own path now... but in time, I see many possibilities." He smiled, and his eyes glossed a shine that I hadn't seen before.

Was that the effect of his power?

Okay, I'll admit, he caught my intrique.

"...What do you see..?" I scanned those odd eyes, knowing they were connected to the most beautiful and delicate light show I had ever seen.

It was kind of funny, really.... I trusted his mind more than his own words...

There just wasn't a way to see what came out of his skull as something evil... it was too brilliantly shining and glorious to be called evil.

But then again, how should I know? I can barely tell good from evil at this point...

My grey just keeps turning and churning in a swirling mass of different shades... I couldn't tell which was the right thing and the wrong thing, and my own conscience was beginning to feel that turmoil build inside me the more I thought about it.

"...Thou seemeth troubled..."

"There is a way which seemeth right unto man, but the end thereof are the ways to death..."

"Thou darest to quote scripture in my presence?" Lady Saint Grace turned to him, under her helmet, it looked as though her eyes had narrowed, but I wasn't sure why she was offended.

Wouldn't scripture be her thing?

"I know more quotes out of many different books than you can possibly imagine." He only gestured slightly with a small turn her way, looking away from me to the floor for a moment, as if side-commenting to her, and then proceeded on with a kind face to me.