Grey Ambitions

Colors

Ch. 18

Grey Ambitions

By: Cutegirlmayra (I'm just trying to get this done before the Capstone time-limit is up. Sorry if it seems rushed, but I'm just trying to hustle to each plot point. I'll probably rewrite the whole story later on after hearing how much needs to be done for it to be published, but hey! How many people can say they wrote the first write-up of a novel? I think I made it this far, just gotta organize things better and write something truly amazing. This chapter or the next will most likely be the last. Thank you for your patience with me and I hope you enjoy... the exciting conclusion... of Colors!)

Light...

Then my hand moved on its own, summoning the color of the long drapes to shield me from the chains, hitting against the red like a pattering of hard, steel rain.

I rolled my head and felt the sensation of light again. Sparkles must have returned when Shade departed.

What a good girl...

"So... you're Rahfel." I felt Sparkles giving me strength through light, absorbing it around me to help me feel lighter. With all the pain subsiding, I got back onto my feet.

Rahfel remained quiet, almost indifferent to my powers returning to me.

"So... it's not connected to you at all." He finally spoke up.

'This is Rahfel. His mind is wondering what he's seen. He saw a brown rabbit turn into light and move toward you. Then you got your powers back, so now he's putting two and two together.'

'Not again,' I thought to myself. I didn't want another person, especially close to Shade, figuring it out so soon.

'...Should I tell you how to silence him?'

There it was. A piece of Pierce's past seemed to be resurfacing, and I had to nip that in the bud as soon as possible.

'No, tell me what he wants more than anything. I'll try and get him to switch sides.' I readied myself, turning the red color from a shield into a powerful lance.

'What!? He's the right-hand man of-' Pierce was cut-off, and for a moment, I worriedly looked around to try and hear him again.

'...Pierce?'

"Y-your name's not connected to me?"

"You know what I meant!" he growled, shaking his chains and throwing some at me with each wide and strong lunge forward.

"So why are you so fixated on Shade's plan? What has he offered you?" I tried to run and jump out of the way, but Sparkles made a rainbow for me to scale across and I spiraled out of his grasps.

Rahfel reeled himself around and bent his back, shooting the never-ending chains to follow after my ever turn and twist.

"None of your business!" he almost roared out, turning himself around and trying to make sure his chains didn't tie into the other.

...Oh.

I immediately started that plan, moving so close to him as his chains followed, and successfully watched him consciously trying to ensue they wouldn't get looped into each other.

His eyes were so fixated on keeping his chains apart that I was able to slip in a comet blast or two on his side and back.

"Grrr...!" he swung around and leaped towards me, his tail gripping my leg and digging its wires like talons into my skin. I was like a fish caught with net around its tail and immediately began flopping on the light stream.