A Hero's Gift

Colors

Ch.10

(I'm back at it again! Ugh... this is gonna get good, which means, more writing, more plot developing,...-rubs faces with hands while moaning- I just had to commit to writing a book... didn't I?)

A Hero's Gift

I was placed in a weird teleporter after given a free shopping trip up in the rich people's mall. I got to pick out some pretty cute things... considering I was once wearing a torn up attire, being the whole 'neutral hero' thing, and then only having that old and huge nightgown to wear, so it was nice to pick out some good ol'blue jeans and a comfy t-shirt with some pop-culture reference I got. But I was still dreading being forced to go to this... Hero's School, I mean, what are they gonna do? Teach me how to make up quick and cheesy catchphrases on the spot? Pfft, give me a break...

"You know... it's not as bad as you think." Aldin tried to assure me, as he wore his jacket and that purple beanie again, like the first time I saw him save-...ASSIST me with those freshmen kids and then that time I saw him riding on the bike...

"For an up-town kid, you really don't dress the part." I mentioned, not having the chance to really state it before, but I had thought about it.

Back at the cafeteria... that is.

"What's with you and judging people, huh?" He shook his head to me, as he was at an angle to me, and looked up, slightly laughing. "You know, for someone who believes in grey, you seem rather one or the other." Well, that was offensive.

"Excuse me?" I stated, before realizing I kind of was being biased against him and his uncle... just because they were rich heroes doesn't mean they're like the rest of the crop. I folded my arms, "Well... it's just... that's how the world is." I looked away. "Every rich family seems to be the same..."

"Well, they're not. Miss hypocrite." He looked away, not really seeming in a good mood.

I looked back at him, more saddened now. What happened to that cute boy who used to make clever jokes all the time? And that Jet who used to flirt without hesitation either?

I still had his blush...

Red as it could ever be.

Sparkles could store colors, and when we combined, I could toy with some colors that had some significance to it.

...Okay, so the blush was the only thing with any 'significance' right now, but hey, I've been judged enough for one day. Get off my back...

I wondered what had happened... that night he saved me.

What happened after everything went black?

"Now remember, you'll attend a few classes with Jet before Dr. Ram comes to see you." Richard was wearing his uniform, I wasn't allowed in the 'Rocket Cave' as I called it.

"...I don't like this."

"Don't worry, only adults wear there uniform." Aldin assured me, yet again.

"No, not that!" I was getting frustrated, as the teleporter closed its doors, once enough people got onto the circular tube.

A woman was spitting out some things at her husband in the front, seeming to excessively scurry her hand through her purse, and asking over and over again if he had forgotten anything like the car keys and such.

They didn't look super...

"She's been here for 6 months, Helen. Relax, she's fine." The man stated.