And A Hero's Tale Begins

Colors

Ch. 6

And A Hero's Tale Begins

By: Cutegirlmayra(This is for my favorite reviewer : ) Cheers to you, Leaf guy! Happy Birthday! And now, the new and improved version for Green Feather! :D )

Sparkles jumped up and down on me, over and over again. Gee... I used to think I needed an alarm clock in the mornings...

I was so wrong...

"Okay...okay... I'm up and at it. Hello, sun. I hate you... go away..." I shooed her off of me, my pillow covering the top of my head and eyes, as I usually slept like that due to the tiny window right above me always making it hard for me to sleep at night. That pesky traffic light and lamp post never gave me a second to remember what complete and utter darkness looked like.

I suppose I could use my powers, but I'm too tried and used to it anyway.

Best to not abuse it to much, you know? Could be dangerous if I sucked the color out of the two annoying lights and suddenly awoke to, not a bright blinking light, but a car crash.

Sparkles puffed up a cheek, clearly not amused as she stuck her chest out, as if getting ready to charge onto me again. "ASU FEU!" she declared.

In my mind, I suddenly registered the meaning. Turning to her, I realized this must be what people who understand two languages have to do. First, my mind got the message, second, it translated it into broken English, and third, it rearranged it into understandable English. Boy, in all the two seconds that took, I felt my head get heavy again.

Sitting up, I smacked my lips and let the pillow balance a moment on my head, before gravity let it fall off as my messy hair got slightly shocked by static. The noise was funny, anyway. "As if?" I stated, looking to her. "Well, at least you're making an attempt to sound more accurate. But listen, I feel a bit Jet-lagged. Do you mind?" I slammed my head into my pillow again, groaning.

I had thought about him ALL NIGHT.

That clearly wasn't normal.

Sparkles put a paw to her face, and tilted her head; She didn't seem to understand my joke.

Or pun.

Was it a pun?

Ugh.

I was too tired to care.

Sparkles got up again and started bouncing on my head again, "Scuol! Scuol! Engush, Engush!"

"Hmm..?" I felt around for my watch, eyes still closed as I slightly turned my head to let my nose breathe from being stuck in the pillow. I finally found my watch and tiredly widened my eyes, blinking them fast to try and focus them into seeing again, as they were meant to do. "It's early, Sparkles. School doesn't start until 2 hours..." I rolled over and face palmed, typical... is this what it's like to have a pet?

Ever since Sparkles stopped coming with me to school, I would slowly begin to teach her English to make up for the time she couldn't attend class. I would have to fib to the elementary school that I had a foreign friend staying with me and she had a desire to learn English. The elementary school teachers then let me borrow homework papers they usually gave to the kids, and with it, I started to teach her when I had nothing better to do.

After all, the school I attended in our little city was a combination of all grades. So I've only been there for most of my educational pursuits. It didn't have the best grades in the world, but it was enough to get by in life, and that's all I really needed lately...