31

Week 5:

My phone buzzed and I swiped across the broken screen. It was difficult at first but I managed. Caspar's name popped on my screen so I picked up the call,

"Hey Caspar, what's up?" I asked.

"Caspar? I'm not Caspar," a voice called through my phone. I didn't say anything for a moment, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Sorry. If this isn't Caspar then why have you got his phone?" I was very confused.

"I'm not using Caspar's phone, it's my phone," they answered. I was still very confused; it didn't make any sense at all.

"Your contact was listed as Caspar Lee," I said slowly. I thought maybe someone had stolen his phone, "He texted me a few days back with this number,"

"No, it was me," the person said. I scrunched my face in concentration.

"Hold on," I went through my messages and saw the ones from this number. The person had specifically said that they were Caspar, "Very funny prank, Caspar," I laughed slightly.

"It's not Caspar," the voice raised a bit higher.

"Check the messages we sent a few days ago, you said you were Caspar," the person took in a deep sigh,

"About that..." it trailed off.

"Please tell me, I'm really confused," I begged. I didn't want to hang up because then I'd have a random contact without a name,

"Well I messaged you and you said you didn't have my contact. I figured that you wouldn't talk to me if I told you who I really was but I knew you'd talk to Caspar," they explained.

"Are you a stalker or something? Why wouldn't I talk to you?" I asked. I thought the person was just dodging the question with stupid answers.

"You weren't talking to me in person. I thought you'd delete my contact again," the sudden realisation hit. I stayed silent as I changed his contact name, "Adalyn?"

"Goodbye Joe," I hung up. I got up and dressed before I went to Tyler's room.

"Hey boo, what you doing?" he put his hands behind his head and looked at me from his bed.

"Ugh, Joe just called me," he patted the bed beside him and I sat down,

"Then why did you pick up?" he asked. It was a reasonable question,

"Just after I deleted his contact he texted me. I didn't know his number so I asked who he was and he said he was Caspar. So when he called, the contact came up as Caspar. When I answered he said he wasn't Caspar. After a while he told me that if I knew who he was then I wouldn't talk to him because I wouldn't talk to him in person. Then I realised who it was and hung up," Tyler nodded his head as I spoke.

"So you've changed his contact name now?" I nodded, "Show me," I gave him my phone and he took a look at my screen.

"I know it's hard to read," I smiled.

"Tomorrow we are going shopping and getting your screen fixed. Then I'll be able to see his new name," I took back my phone and slipped it into my pocket.

"I could just tell you what I changed it to," I suggested but he shook his head,

"I want to read it for myself," he could be so stubborn sometimes, "Tell me, is it bad?"

"Not really," I thought for a moment. It couldn't be classified as 'bad'.

"Is it mean?" he smirked.

"To him, yes," it would definitely be mean to him.

"Would he hate it if he read it?"

"Most definitely,"